* babel detangling visits a large number of files
@ 2019-03-06 14:48 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2019-03-06 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

motivated by having just watched this video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=479&v=BLomb52wjvE

I decided to play around a bit with detangling.

When I try, it takes some time to get to the original src block.  Even
though the comment entry before the code looks very reasonable, e.g.:

#+begin_src julia
  # [[file:~/s/research/strawberry/src/fresa.org::modulestart][modulestart]]
  module Fresa
    [... code elided ...]
  end
  # modulestart ends here
#+end_src

invoking org-babel-tangle-jump-to-org proceeds to visit a large number
of files (I only know because many of them require accepting some local
file variable settings when the files are visited) and org further
complains about a large number of multiply defined IDs.

Given that the detangling information in the comment has the file
explicitly stated, why should the detangling procedure care about IDs
and why does it need to visit so many files?  Have I configured
something wrongly?

And a side question: what can I do about my 95 duplicate IDs?

Thanks,
eric

PS - running latest org from git as of a few minutes ago.
--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.2-249-g51444a

* Re: babel detangling visits a large number of files
@ 2019-03-10 17:30 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2019-03-10 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Eric S Fraga <esflists@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> motivated by having just watched this video,
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=479&v=BLomb52wjvE
>
> I decided to play around a bit with detangling.
>
> When I try, it takes some time to get to the original src block.  Even
> though the comment entry before the code looks very reasonable, e.g.:
>
> #+begin_src julia
>   # [[file:~/s/research/strawberry/src/fresa.org::modulestart][modulestart]]
>   module Fresa
>     [... code elided ...]
>   end
>   # modulestart ends here
> #+end_src
>
> invoking org-babel-tangle-jump-to-org proceeds to visit a large number
> of files (I only know because many of them require accepting some local
> file variable settings when the files are visited) and org further
> complains about a large number of multiply defined IDs.
>
> Given that the detangling information in the comment has the file
> explicitly stated, why should the detangling procedure care about IDs
> and why does it need to visit so many files?  Have I configured
> something wrongly?

I think I fixed it in master branch. Could you test it ?

Beware, master branch also include the link syntax change.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: babel detangling visits a large number of files
@ 2019-03-11  9:37   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2019-03-11  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sunday, 10 Mar 2019 at 18:30, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> I think I fixed it in master branch. Could you test it ?

Hi Nicolas,

many thanks.  This works very well now.  I've tested it on two different
cases (different target languages for the tangling).

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.2-286-gc020e9