* ANN: org-auto-expand: Automatically expand certain headings
@ 2019-08-12 19:43 Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2019-08-12 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi friends,

I just pushed a new package, org-auto-expand, that makes it easy to
automatically expand certain headings when a file is visited, or
on-demand.  This is a feature that I've seen asked for several times,
but it had never occurred to me how easy it would be to implement.

https://github.com/alphapapa/org-auto-expand

If any of the Org maintainers think this would be useful to include in
Org itself, that would be great.  The code is very simple, and I've
already signed the FSF CA.  I'd be glad to prepare a patch with a bit of
guidance about how to best integrate it (e.g. as a module, etc).

Thanks,
Adam

* Re: ANN: org-auto-expand: Automatically expand certain headings
@ 2019-08-12 20:21 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2019-08-12 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Porter; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

i thought the visibility property already did this.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

What is misopathy?
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html

The disease DOES progress. MANY people have died from it. And ANYBODY
can get it at any time.

* Re: ANN: org-auto-expand: Automatically expand certain headings
@ 2019-08-12 21:24   ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2019-08-12 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> i thought the visibility property already did this.

This allows more powerful and flexible configuration.  Please see the
examples in the readme.