* Dependant tasks
@ 2007-11-07 11:07 Sebastjan Trepca
From: Sebastjan Trepca @ 2007-11-07 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Is it possible to have a task that is "locked" until some other task
is finished?

Regards, Sebastjan

* Re: Dependant tasks
@ 2007-11-07 11:19 ` Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2007-11-07 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 12:07:20PM +0100, Sebastjan Trepca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have a task that is "locked" until some other task
> is finished?

Not yet (I think), but there have been *many* discussions about this
recently, e.g.

http://search.gmane.org/?query=dependencies&group=gmane.emacs.orgmode

* Re: Dependant tasks
@ 2007-11-07 12:41   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-11-07 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Adam Spiers <orgmode@adamspiers.org> writes:

> On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 12:07:20PM +0100, Sebastjan Trepca wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to have a task that is "locked" until some other task
>> is finished?
>
> Not yet (I think), but there have been *many* discussions about this
> recently, e.g.

And those discussions ended up in Carsten proposing org-depend.el:

  http://orgmode.org/org-depend.el

I've been playing around with the example given in this file, and it
works quite well for me.  Less superficial feedback would help I guess.

--
Bastien