* [new exporter] Enabling multiple exporters?
@ 2012-10-18 21:47 Michael Gauland
From: Michael Gauland @ 2012-10-18 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've just started playing with the new exporter. My .emacs files includes:

(require 'org-export)
(require 'org-e-latex)
(require 'org-e-html)
(require 'org-e-odt)
(require 'org-e-beamer)

But when I run org-export-dispatch, the only choices I get are 'Export to ODT'
and 'Publish'.

If I comment out (require 'org-e-odt) and restart emacs, org-export-dispatch
offers to 'Export to LaTeX' or 'Publish'.

I'm using the latest from git.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mike

* Re: [new exporter] Enabling multiple exporters?
@ 2012-10-19  1:34 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2012-10-19  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Gauland; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Aloha Michael,

If I'm not mistaken, 'org-export is no longer required.  Could you try
without that require to see if you get what you expect?

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: [new exporter] Enabling multiple exporters?
@ 2012-10-19  1:54   ` Michael Gauland
From: Michael Gauland @ 2012-10-19  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thomas S. Dye <tsd <at> tsdye.com> writes:
> If I'm not mistaken, 'org-export is no longer required.  Could you try
> without that require to see if you get what you expect?

Thanks for the reply, Tom. Unfortunately, removing that line doesn't change the
behaviour.

* Re: [new exporter] Enabling multiple exporters?
@ 2012-10-20 10:11 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-10-20 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Gauland; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Michael Gauland <mikelygee@no8wireless.co.nz> writes:

> I've just started playing with the new exporter. My .emacs files includes:
>
> (require 'org-export)
> (require 'org-e-latex)
> (require 'org-e-html)
> (require 'org-e-odt)
> (require 'org-e-beamer)
>
> But when I run org-export-dispatch, the only choices I get are 'Export to ODT'
> and 'Publish'.
>
> If I comment out (require 'org-e-odt) and restart emacs, org-export-dispatch
> offers to 'Export to LaTeX' or 'Publish'.
>
> I'm using the latest from git.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Probably nothing (excepted requiring 'org-export, which doesn't hurt,
but is useless).

Try to restart Emacs first.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [new exporter] Enabling multiple exporters?
@ 2012-10-20 20:33   ` Michael Gauland
From: Michael Gauland @ 2012-10-20 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 20/10/12 23:11, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Probably nothing (excepted requiring 'org-export, which doesn't hurt,
> but is useless).
>
> Try to restart Emacs first.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't help.

I've found that the problem is really with the menu. If I press the
appropriate keys to use an exporter which isn't shown in the menu, the
export is done correctly.The exporter are all present in the variable
org-export-dispatch-menu-entries, so I suspect something is wrong with
the code to display the menu.

* Re: [new exporter] Enabling multiple exporters?
@ 2012-10-21 13:01     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-10-21 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Gauland; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Michael Gauland <mikelygee@no8wireless.co.nz> writes:

> I've found that the problem is really with the menu. If I press the
> appropriate keys to use an exporter which isn't shown in the menu, the
> export is done correctly.The exporter are all present in the variable
> org-export-dispatch-menu-entries, so I suspect something is wrong with
> the code to display the menu.

Correct. The window displaying the UI is probably too short to display
it completely.

I've pushed a commit in order to fix this. It is better now?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [new exporter] Enabling multiple exporters?
@ 2012-10-21 19:19       ` Michael Gauland
From: Michael Gauland @ 2012-10-21 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 22/10/12 02:01, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> Correct. The window displaying the UI is probably too short to display
> it completely.
>
> I've pushed a commit in order to fix this. It is better now?

Thanks for looking into it. I am running a small screen (netbook), but
your commit doesn't seem to change anything.

If I change to a smaller font, the full menu is presented, so this is
consistent with the problem being related to window size.

@ 2012-10-22  9:55       ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-10-22  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Correct. The window displaying the UI is probably too short to display
> it completely.
>
> I've pushed a commit in order to fix this. It is better now?

Actually, the window is even shorter now than it was before (I'm only loading
org-e-latex) and only shows

[q] Quit

Maddeningly, you cannot even scroll in that window.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [new exporter] Enabling multiple exporters?
@ 2012-10-22 22:00         ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-10-22 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@NexGo.DE> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> Correct. The window displaying the UI is probably too short to display
>> it completely.
>>
>> I've pushed a commit in order to fix this. It is better now?
>
> Actually, the window is even shorter now than it was before (I'm only loading
> org-e-latex) and only shows
>
> [q] Quit

Indeed. This mistake should be fixed now.

> Maddeningly, you cannot even scroll in that window.

That's because the ui is just a loop over `read-char-exclusive', as it
already was in the previous exporter.

I don't feel like building a whole major mode for the interface, à la
Magit.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [new exporter] Enabling multiple exporters?
@ 2012-10-22 22:03         ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-10-22 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Gauland; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Michael Gauland <mikelygee@no8wireless.co.nz> writes:

> Thanks for looking into it. I am running a small screen (netbook), but
> your commit doesn't seem to change anything.
>
> If I change to a smaller font, the full menu is presented, so this is
> consistent with the problem being related to window size.

If window size is a problem, assuming you really need all those
exporters, I suggest to use `org-export-dispatch-use-expert-ui' instead.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [new exporter] Enabling multiple exporters?
@ 2012-10-23 18:40           ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-10-23 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou writes:
>> [q] Quit
>
> Indeed. This mistake should be fixed now.

It is, thank you.

>> Maddeningly, you cannot even scroll in that window.
>
> That's because the ui is just a loop over `read-char-exclusive', as it
> already was in the previous exporter.
>
> I don't feel like building a whole major mode for the interface, à la
> Magit.

Would something based on pcomplete (IIRC) work, like AuCTeX seems to
use?

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:

* Re: [new exporter] Enabling multiple exporters?
@ 2012-10-23 19:12             ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-10-23 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> Would something based on pcomplete (IIRC) work, like AuCTeX seems to
> use?

I don't know what AuCTeX uses. On the other hand, I don't think it's
worth bothering much with that interface.

Nicolas Goaziou