* [babel] bug[?] when calling src_R from table?
@ 2012-11-10 16:35 Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2012-11-10 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I wanted to combine a table of text and a generated result (in org to
LaTaX using the new exporter).  It would seem src_R snips would be
perfect for this.  However, it does not seem to work.  I.e. src_R is
translated correctly in the text, but not in the table.

Is this a feature or a bug?

Example below.

Thanks,
Rasmus

Org-mode version 7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-556-g7cdfa6.dirty @ /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)

#+BEGIN_SRC org
#+PROPERTY: session *R*

#+BEGIN_SRC R :exports none
att <- c(1+1, 3)
#+END_SRC

it's length is src_R[:results raw]{length(att)}.

   | src_R[:results raw]{length(ate)} |
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC latex
it's length is 2.

\begin{center}
\begin{tabular}{l}
\toprule
src$_\mathrm{R[}$:results raw]\{length(ate)\}\\
\bottomrule
\end{tabular}
\end{center}
#+END_SRC

--
Hooray!

* Re: [babel] bug[?] when calling src_R from table?
@ 2012-11-10 16:38 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-11-10 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> I wanted to combine a table of text and a generated result (in org to
> LaTaX using the new exporter).  It would seem src_R snips would be
> perfect for this.  However, it does not seem to work.  I.e. src_R is
> translated correctly in the text, but not in the table.

That's because inline src blocks are not allowed in table cells.
Appropriate place for formulas in the spreadsheet is the TBLFM line.

Nicolas Goaziou