* Bug: Exporting table with footnote to LaTeX [7.9.2]
@ 2012-11-11 23:45 Bill Jackson
From: Bill Jackson @ 2012-11-11 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When exporting to LaTeX, any footnotes inside a table are missing the
closing curly brace.

For example, a footnote such as:

       | Field 1[fn:: A footnote.] | Field 2 |

is exported to LaTeX as:

    \begin{center}
    \begin{tabular}{l}
     Field 1\footnote{A footnote.  \\
    \end{tabular}
    \end{center}

Note that the closing curly brace is missing from the footnote.

The code for generating the LaTeX appears to be in org-latex.el at line
2,463, and looks correct to me.  Perhaps the closing brace is removed later?

* Re: Bug: Exporting table with footnote to LaTeX [7.9.2]
@ 2012-11-12 20:21 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-11-12 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Jackson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Bill Jackson <bill@jacksonhost.com> writes:

> When exporting to LaTeX, any footnotes inside a table are missing the
> closing curly brace.
>
> For example, a footnote such as:
>
>        | Field 1[fn:: A footnote.] | Field 2 |
>
> is exported to LaTeX as:
>
>     \begin{center}
>     \begin{tabular}{l}
>      Field 1\footnote{A footnote.  \\
>     \end{tabular}
>     \end{center}
>
> Note that the closing curly brace is missing from the footnote.
>
> The code for generating the LaTeX appears to be in org-latex.el at line
> 2,463, and looks correct to me.  Perhaps the closing brace is removed later?

You should not bother too much about it, footnotes in tables are not
supported directly by LaTeX anyway.

Nicolas Goaziou