From: Tim <wiskey5alpha@gmail.com>
To: Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Tim <wiskey5alpha@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Showing only subprojects in the agenda
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 22:41:20 -0500	[thread overview]

At Wed, 20 Feb 2013 06:54:04 -0500,
Bernt Hansen wrote:

> If all of your projects are normally at level 2 will this work?
>
> C-c a m LEVEL=2/!TODO RET

Bernt,
   I really appreciate your time.  Unfortunately, this doesnt quite get me
what I am looking for.  My current method of defining projects and actions
 is :
- any thing that needs to be accomplished is a TODO
- a TODO can have TODOs as children, for as many levels as it takes to
  organize the project and subprojects
- Next actions are defined with a NEXT key word and are tagged with the
  appropriate context to have them show on my next actions list (i.e. errand,
  office, home)

I would like to have 2 views of the projects :
The first is a hierarchial view of all TODOs , which i do using the indented
agenda list of TODOs.
The second is now using what you have published on your website using the skip
functions. Since I want to see all TODOs that have NEXT items as children, or,
said another way

 A project is any TODO that has NEXT as children

I modified your =bh/is-project-p= to look for NEXT like so
#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
        (while (and (not has-subtask)
                    (< (point) subtree-end)
-                    (re-search-forward "^\*+ TODO" subtree-end t))
+                    (re-search-forward "^\*+ NEXT" subtree-end t))
          (when (member (org-get-todo-state) org-todo-keywords-1)
#+END_SRC

Again, thank you for your help, and for putting your setup out on
the web for all of us to benefit from.

-Tim