emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* Bug: org-export-as doesn't work after update [8.0 (8.0-3-g7248fb-elpa @ /home/mike/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130418/)]
@ 2013-04-19 10:32 Mike Vella
  2013-04-19 21:34 ` Nicolas Goaziou
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Mike Vella @ 2013-04-19 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2144 bytes --]

I just updated my org-mode to the latest version via elpa. If I try M-x
org-export-as-html I get the following message:

Symbol's value as variable is void:
org-export-html-special-string-regexps

Export works if I do C-c C-e.


Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-11-08 on lakoocha, modified by Debian
Package: Org-mode version 8.0 (8.0-3-g7248fb-elpa @
/home/mike/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130418/)

current state:
==============
(setq
 org-tab-first-hook '(org-hide-block-toggle-maybe
                      org-src-native-tab-command-maybe
                      org-babel-hide-result-toggle-maybe
                      org-babel-header-arg-expand)
 org-speed-command-hook '(org-speed-command-default-hook
                          org-babel-speed-command-hook)
 org-occur-hook '(org-first-headline-recenter)
 org-metaup-hook '(org-babel-load-in-session-maybe)
 org-confirm-shell-link-function 'yes-or-no-p
 org-after-todo-state-change-hook '(org-clock-out-if-current)
 org-src-mode-hook '(org-src-babel-configure-edit-buffer
                     org-src-mode-configure-edit-buffer)
 org-agenda-before-write-hook '(org-agenda-add-entry-text)
 org-babel-pre-tangle-hook '(save-buffer)
 org-mode-hook '(#[nil "\300\301\302\303\304$\207"
                   [org-add-hook change-major-mode-hook org-show-block-all
                    append local]
                   5]
                 #[nil "\300\301\302\303\304$\207"
                   [org-add-hook change-major-mode-hook
                    org-babel-show-result-all append local]
                   5]
                 org-babel-result-hide-spec org-babel-hide-all-hashes)
 org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c-hook '(org-babel-hash-at-point
                          org-babel-execute-safely-maybe)
 org-cycle-hook '(org-cycle-hide-archived-subtrees org-cycle-hide-drawers
                  org-cycle-hide-inline-tasks org-cycle-show-empty-lines
                  org-optimize-window-after-visibility-change)
 org-confirm-elisp-link-function 'yes-or-no-p
 org-metadown-hook '(org-babel-pop-to-session-maybe)
 org-clock-out-hook '(org-clock-remove-empty-clock-drawer)
 )

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 2814 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: Bug: org-export-as doesn't work after update [8.0 (8.0-3-g7248fb-elpa @ /home/mike/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130418/)]
  2013-04-19 10:32 Bug: org-export-as doesn't work after update [8.0 (8.0-3-g7248fb-elpa @ /home/mike/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130418/)] Mike Vella
@ 2013-04-19 21:34 ` Nicolas Goaziou
  2013-04-19 21:38   ` Mike Vella
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-04-19 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Vella; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Mike Vella <vellamike@gmail.com> writes:

> I just updated my org-mode to the latest version via elpa. If I try M-x
> org-export-as-html I get the following message:

This function doesn't exist in Org 8.0. See "HTML export commands" from
manual.

Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: Bug: org-export-as doesn't work after update [8.0 (8.0-3-g7248fb-elpa @ /home/mike/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130418/)]
  2013-04-19 21:34 ` Nicolas Goaziou
@ 2013-04-19 21:38   ` Mike Vella
  2013-04-19 22:28     ` Nicolas Goaziou
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Mike Vella @ 2013-04-19 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 525 bytes --]

Hi Nicolas, But I don't understand why it autocompletes with tab if it no
longer exists as a command? I think this is confusing behaviour?

Mike
On 19 Apr 2013 22:34, "Nicolas Goaziou" <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Mike Vella <vellamike@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I just updated my org-mode to the latest version via elpa. If I try M-x
> > org-export-as-html I get the following message:
>
> This function doesn't exist in Org 8.0. See "HTML export commands" from
> manual.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Goaziou
>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 904 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: Bug: org-export-as doesn't work after update [8.0 (8.0-3-g7248fb-elpa @ /home/mike/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130418/)]
  2013-04-19 21:38   ` Mike Vella
@ 2013-04-19 22:28     ` Nicolas Goaziou
  2013-04-20 13:13       ` Mike Vella
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-04-19 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Vella; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Mike Vella <vellamike@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Nicolas, But I don't understand why it autocompletes with tab if it no
> longer exists as a command? I think this is confusing behaviour?

You may have loaded old org-html.el from Org bundled with Emacs.


Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: Bug: org-export-as doesn't work after update [8.0 (8.0-3-g7248fb-elpa @ /home/mike/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130418/)]
  2013-04-19 22:28     ` Nicolas Goaziou
@ 2013-04-20 13:13       ` Mike Vella
  2013-04-20 13:23         ` Nicolas Goaziou
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Mike Vella @ 2013-04-20 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 426 bytes --]

Can't this behaviour be fixed? It's quite confusing.
On 19 Apr 2013 23:28, "Nicolas Goaziou" <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mike Vella <vellamike@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi Nicolas, But I don't understand why it autocompletes with tab if it no
> > longer exists as a command? I think this is confusing behaviour?
>
> You may have loaded old org-html.el from Org bundled with Emacs.
>
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Goaziou
>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 776 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: Bug: org-export-as doesn't work after update [8.0 (8.0-3-g7248fb-elpa @ /home/mike/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130418/)]
  2013-04-20 13:13       ` Mike Vella
@ 2013-04-20 13:23         ` Nicolas Goaziou
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-04-20 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Vella; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Mike Vella <vellamike@gmail.com> writes:

> Can't this behaviour be fixed? It's quite confusing.
> On 19 Apr 2013 23:28, "Nicolas Goaziou" <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Mike Vella <vellamike@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > Hi Nicolas, But I don't understand why it autocompletes with tab if it no
>> > longer exists as a command? I think this is confusing behaviour?
>>
>> You may have loaded old org-html.el from Org bundled with Emacs.

This is probably coming from your configuration. Check if you don't load
the wrong Org version before loading the correct one.


Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2013-04-20 13:23 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 6+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2013-04-19 10:32 Bug: org-export-as doesn't work after update [8.0 (8.0-3-g7248fb-elpa @ /home/mike/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130418/)] Mike Vella
2013-04-19 21:34 ` Nicolas Goaziou
2013-04-19 21:38   ` Mike Vella
2013-04-19 22:28     ` Nicolas Goaziou
2013-04-20 13:13       ` Mike Vella
2013-04-20 13:23         ` Nicolas Goaziou

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).