* default list labelling?
@ 2013-12-27 12:14 Paul Rudin
From: Paul Rudin @ 2013-12-27 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

By default when you demote a list item it's label is of the same kind as
the parent list. e.g. you'll get

1.
2.
   1.

In practice I typically want to get a different kind of label: I'll want e.g.

1.
2.
   a.

Is there a way of configuring what the sub-list labels will be according
to what the current one is?

On a related note it's normal (I suppose) to want consistency. So if we
have the following then it's probable that the first label under 2)
should be a). Is there a way of achieving this?

1)
   a)
   b)
2)

* Re: default list labelling?
@ 2013-12-27 12:39 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-12-27 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Rudin; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

Paul Rudin <paul-sqPYmOVXOov10XsdtD+oqA@public.gmane.org> writes:

> By default when you demote a list item it's label is of the same kind as
> the parent list. e.g. you'll get
>
> 1.
> 2.
>    1.
>
> In practice I typically want to get a different kind of label: I'll want e.g.
>
> 1.
> 2.
>    a.
>
> Is there a way of configuring what the sub-list labels will be according
> to what the current one is?
>
> On a related note it's normal (I suppose) to want consistency. So if we
> have the following then it's probable that the first label under 2)
> should be a). Is there a way of achieving this?
>
> 1)
>    a)
>    b)
> 2)