* lost in tables syntax
@ 2014-01-23 12:12 Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2014-01-23 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello the list,

I am lost in the syntax for tables. I've seen that of course, building
syntax in org-mode is more simple than with LateX. But I have spent time to
learn the LaTeX syntax of tabular, with multicol and now I do not succeed
to get in html tables with multicolumns without vertical lines nor
horizontal lines.

Paradoxically, it is for me now more simple to write the LaTeX code with
tabular environment.

I am not reluctant to learn the org-syntax, but I need help.

Best wishes

Jo.

* Re: lost in tables syntax
@ 2014-01-23 12:18 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-23 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Vidal-Rosset; +Cc: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Joseph,

Joseph Vidal-Rosset <joseph.vidal.rosset@gmail.com> writes:

> I am not reluctant to learn the org-syntax, but I need help.

Then we need to know more on how to help you :)

If you want multi-columns Org tables, alas, that's not
supported.

--
 Bastien

* Re: lost in tables syntax
@ 2014-01-23 12:37   ` Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2014-01-23 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Le jeu.  23 janv. 2014  à 01:18:35 ,  Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> a  envoyé ce
message:
> Hi Joseph,
>
> Joseph Vidal-Rosset <joseph.vidal.rosset@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I am not reluctant to learn the org-syntax, but I need help.
>
> Then we need to know more on how to help you :)
>
> If you want multi-columns Org tables, alas, that's not
> supported.

Many thanks Bastien  for your quick reply.  The best for me  would be to
use the  LaTeX syntax with  tabular, multicol ,  ect. and to  succeed in
html export too. But
with in the headers the following line:

#+STYLE: <SCRIPT SRC="/usr/share/jsmath/easy/load.js"></SCRIPT>

and in the .tex file the following code:

\begin{center}
 \begin{tabular}[tb]{cc}
\multicolumn{2}{c}{$ ((p \to q) \to p) \to p $} \\
$ ((\bot \to q) \to \bot) \to \bot $ & $ ((\top \to q) \to \top) \to \top $ \\
$ (\top \to \bot) \to \bot $ & $ \top $ \\
$ \neg \neg \top $ & \\
$ \top $ &   \\
\end{tabular}
\end{center}

I get in iceweasel (i.e. the Firefox of Debian):

Unknown environment "center"
Unknown environment "tabular"

I have also tried to use imagemagick, it does not work correctly...

Again, thanks for your kind help.

Jo.

* Re: lost in tables syntax
@ 2014-01-23 15:50     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-23 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Vidal-Rosset; +Cc: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Joseph,

Joseph Vidal-Rosset <joseph.vidal.rosset@gmail.com> writes:

> Many thanks Bastien  for your quick reply.  The best for me  would be to
> use the  LaTeX syntax with  tabular, multicol ,  ect. and to  succeed in
> html export too.

Mhhh... sorry, I don't know how to do this.  But providing the Org
table you come from may help know how you could get there... (not me,
but perhaps someone else.)

--
 Bastien