* Checkboxes with org-list-allow-alphabetical
@ 2014-06-16 17:30 jeff Kowalczyk
From: jeff Kowalczyk @ 2014-06-16 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Using Org-mode version 8.2.6 (release_8.2.6-1) git master 25fc4d:

Alphabetic ordered lists do not seem to work with checkboxes:

: (setq org-list-allow-alphabetical t)

Type a checkbox, but org doesn't seem to parse it:

: * heading
:
: 1. [ ] numeric heading
:    a. [ ] alphabetic subheading (typed but not checkbox faced or C-c usable)

Use keychord to create next item with checkbox, but also not parsed:

: * heading
:
: 1. [ ] numeric heading
:    a. alphabetic subheading(point here, press M-S-RET)
:    b. [ ] (creates this, not checkbox faced or C-c usable)

Is this expected behavior? Do I need to enable additional options?

Thanks,
Jeff

* Re: Checkboxes with org-list-allow-alphabetical
@ 2014-06-19 20:47 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-06-19 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jeff Kowalczyk; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

jeff Kowalczyk <jeff.kowalczyk@gmail.com> writes:

> Using Org-mode version 8.2.6 (release_8.2.6-1) git master 25fc4d:
>
> Alphabetic ordered lists do not seem to work with checkboxes:
>
> : (setq org-list-allow-alphabetical t)
>
> Type a checkbox, but org doesn't seem to parse it:
>
> : * heading
> :
> : 1. [ ] numeric heading
> :    a. [ ] alphabetic subheading (typed but not checkbox faced or C-c usable)
>
> Use keychord to create next item with checkbox, but also not parsed:
>
> : * heading
> :
> : 1. [ ] numeric heading
> :    a. alphabetic subheading(point here, press M-S-RET)
> :    b. [ ] (creates this, not checkbox faced or C-c usable)
>
> Is this expected behavior? Do I need to enable additional options?

You need to reload Org when you modify `org-list-allow-alphabetical'.

Nicolas Goaziou