* [BABEL] Can all languages deal with multi-line headers?
@ 2014-07-04  8:23 Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-07-04  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi List,

I wonder if I can assume that all ob-xxx.el languages, even those
written before the new parser/exporter framework existed, know how to
deal with multi-line headers like:

,----
| #+name: foo
| #+header_args: :var x=bar
| #+begin_src lang
| #+end_src
`----

(I would think that argument parsing is done by the framework-core and
was thus updated once and for all languages with Org 8+, but want to be
sure).

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: [BABEL] Can all languages deal with multi-line headers?
@ 2014-08-04  1:17 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2014-08-04  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi List,
>
> I wonder if I can assume that all ob-xxx.el languages, even those
> written before the new parser/exporter framework existed, know how to
> deal with multi-line headers like:
>
> ,----
> | #+name: foo
> | #+header_args: :var x=bar
> | #+begin_src lang
> | #+end_src
> `----
>
> (I would think that argument parsing is done by the framework-core and
> was thus updated once and for all languages with Org 8+, but want to be
> sure).

Yes, this is true of all languages however you have the syntax wrong in
your example.  See the manual.

  (info "(org)Code block specific header arguments")

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte