* html export list of figures
@ 2015-09-23 20:21 Cook, Malcolm
From: Cook, Malcolm @ 2015-09-23 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi,

I see know what to generate a list of figures to appear in my html export in addition to my current

	#+TOC: listings
	#+TOC: tables

Exporting latex provides

	#+LATEX: \listoffigures

To complement

	#+LATEX: \tableofcontents
	#+LATEX: \listoftables

But I see nothing analogous for HTML

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Malcolm Cook

* Re: html export list of figures
@ 2015-09-23 22:48 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2015-09-23 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cook, Malcolm; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I am not aware of anything in html for this. In latex, org is just
passing the baton to Latex to generate the list of tables/figures. For
HTML, you will probably have to generate the code yourself.

In org-ref I provide a list-of-tables and list-of-figures link, which
has the latex export code you show, but it is also clickable and
generates an org buffer with a clickable list of tables or figures. See:

https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref/blob/master/org-ref.el#L932

while there is no html export code there, the clicking functions lay out
how to get the information. I guess you would need one more detail of
putting some kind of anchor or something on the tables/figures so you
could click on the list and jump to the table. it might get you stated anyway.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F

* Re: html export list of figures
@ 2015-09-24 16:01   ` Cook, Malcolm
From: Cook, Malcolm @ 2015-09-24 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'John Kitchin'; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi,
> I am not aware of anything in html for this. In latex, org is just passing the
 > baton to Latex to generate the list of tables/figures. For HTML, you will
 > probably have to generate the code yourself.
 >
 > In org-ref I provide a list-of-tables and list-of-figures link, which has the latex
 > export code you show, but it is also clickable and generates an org buffer with
 > a clickable list of tables or figures. See:
 >
 > https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref/blob/master/org-ref.el#L932
 >
 > while there is no html export code there, the clicking functions lay out how to
 > get the information. I guess you would need one more detail of putting some
 > kind of anchor or something on the tables/figures so you could click on the list
 > and jump to the table. it might get you stated anyway.

Great John, thanks, I will see what I can add.  Is this package part of any library available via that package manager?

@ 2015-09-24 17:26     ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2015-09-24 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cook, Malcolm; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, 'John Kitchin'

no, for now it is still only available on github.

@ 2015-09-24 18:24       ` Daniele Pizzolli
From: Daniele Pizzolli @ 2015-09-24 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Sep 24 2015, John Kitchin wrote:

[]

Hello,

I am reversing the conversation to figure out the meaning:

>  > In org-ref I provide a list-of-tables and list-of-figures link,
>  > which has the latex

[]

>> Great John, thanks, I will see what I can add.  Is this package part
>> of any library available via that package manager?

[]

> no, for now it is still only available on github.

Well, I made a recipe for el-get some time ago.

Best,
Daniele