* git question
@ 2017-07-06  7:36 Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2017-07-06  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Re commit acabacaa5689f0644a47edae7c66bbdd68418194

    http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=acabacaa5689f0644a47edae7c66bbdd68418194

This should probably have gone to maint as it is a bugfix.  For some
reason I pushed the commit to master.

Could I now use git cherry-pick to add it maint?  Or is there a better
way?  Or is it better to just let it live on master and only be part of
the next major Org version?

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
Evidence suggests Snowden used a powerful tool called monospaced fonts

* Re: git question
@ 2017-07-06 11:58 ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2017-07-06 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus, emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017, 3:37 AM Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Re commit acabacaa5689f0644a47edae7c66bbdd68418194
>

> http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=acabacaa5689f0644a47edae7c66bbdd68418194
>
> This should probably have gone to maint as it is a bugfix.  For some
> reason I pushed the commit to master.
>
> Could I now use git cherry-pick to add it maint?  Or is there a better
> way?

I haven't tried this, but wouldn't that work:

- Cherry pick that commit into maint
- Merge maint into master

My guess is that the second step will result in just a Merge commit in
master, with just commit hash updates. But then the merge pointers between
master and maint will also be synced.

--

Kaushal Modi

* Re: git question
@ 2017-07-06 13:24 ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2017-07-06 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Re commit acabacaa5689f0644a47edae7c66bbdd68418194
>
>     http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=acabacaa5689f0644a47edae7c66bbdd68418194
>
> This should probably have gone to maint as it is a bugfix.  For some
> reason I pushed the commit to master.
>
> Could I now use git cherry-pick to add it maint?  Or is there a better
> way?  Or is it better to just let it live on master and only be part of
> the next major Org version?

Yep, git cherry-pick should be used in these situations.

--
Kyle