* Bug: RET at end of table creates new columand and new row
@ 2017-12-02 13:43 Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2017-12-02 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

According to the manual

RET org-table-next-row
Re-align the table and move down to next row. Creates a new row if
necessary.
At the beginning or end of a line, RET still does NEWLINE, so it can be used
to split a table.

ECM -

Create a one column, one row table, hit TAB which results in a two row,
one column table. Point is then immediately after the last |. When I
RET, a new column and new row are created.

Point is immediately before end-of-buffer. This may make a difference.

I would expect a new line and no continuation of the table, in any way.

Org mode version 9.1.3 (release_9.1.3-202-g326b2e.dirty @
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/lisp/)
GNU Emacs 25.1.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5) of
2016-07-21

also

Org mode version 9.1.3 (release_9.1.3-202-g326b2e.dirty @
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/lisp/)
GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5) of
2017-09-12 on hullmann, modified by Debian

Charlie Millar

* Re: Bug: RET at end of table creates new columand and new row
@ 2017-12-02 16:28 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-12-02 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Millar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Charles Millar <millarc@verizon.net> writes:

> According to the manual
>
> RET org-table-next-row
> Re-align the table and move down to next row. Creates a new row if
> necessary.
> At the beginning or end of a line, RET still does NEWLINE, so it can be used
> to split a table.
>
> ECM -
>
> Create a one column, one row table, hit TAB which results in a two
> row, one column table. Point is then immediately after the last |.
> When I RET, a new column and new row are created.
>
> Point is immediately before end-of-buffer. This may make a difference.
>
> I would expect a new line and no continuation of the table, in any
> way.

Fixed. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou