* Help with moderating non-subscribers messages on the Org mailing list
@ 2020-09-16  9:04 Bastien
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-16  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: mfo

Dear all,

non-subscribers messages sent to emacs-orgmode@gnu.org are currently
moderated by Austin, Mikael and me.

We could use the help of more mailing list maintainers.

The task is to check the mailman administration page and to discard
messages that should not be sent to the list, while allowing those
sent by non-subscribers who ask relevant questions.

If you want to help with this, please reply to me only.  I think 3
more persons would be enough for now.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

From: Bastien @ 2020-09-16 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: mfo

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> We could use the help of more mailing list maintainers.

Thanks to everyone who responded!  We are now 9 persons moderating
the list, that helps a lot.

--
 Bastien

@ 2020-09-21 16:31 ` Dominique Dumont
From: Dominique Dumont @ 2020-09-21 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

On mercredi 16 septembre 2020 11:04:42 CEST Bastien wrote:
> The task is to check the mailman administration page and to discard
> messages that should not be sent to the list, while allowing those
> sent by non-subscribers who ask relevant questions.

For what's it's worth, I use listadmin [1] to moderate a few Debian mailing
list.

I feel this is much faster than checking mailman pages: I run listadmin in a
terminal and then mostly hit return to discard spam.

HTH

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/listadmin/

* Re: Help with moderating non-subscribers messages on the Org mailing list
@ 2020-09-23  6:26   ` Jeremie Juste
From: Jeremie Juste @ 2020-09-23  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dominique Dumont; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello Dominique,

Many thanks for this info. I'll give it a try.

Best regards,
Jeremie

@ 2020-09-23  7:05 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-23  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: mfo

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> We could use the help of more mailing list maintainers.

Thanks for those who volunteered!

We now have 8 moderators, it really helps.

I'm closing this call for help right now.

--
 Bastien