* automatically convert email inbox into TODO's?
@ 2011-01-21  7:16 Bill Jarrold
From: Bill Jarrold @ 2011-01-21  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Emails in ones inbox can be viewed as TODO's.  org-mode and its agenda mech are great for managing to do's.  Thus, does anyone have experience with automatic conversion of emails into TODO's?

Email is a pain because I do not know of any way to associate arbitrary levels of priorities to my email.  If I can automatically convert my email inbox into a set of TODO's maybe I can solve this problem.  With org-mode and the agenda mechanism I suspect I have a lot of flexibility with assigning priorities  and all sorts of categories....

( I tend to have 1000's of messages in my inbox and the ordering is a mess.  As I come up to speed on org mode I have hope that it can handle 1000's of tasks well.  )

Any pre-existing solutions for this?  Any comments on the utility of this?

Thanks,

Bill