* managing a shared project using org-mobile ?
@ 2011-02-04 20:49 Rémi Letot
From: Rémi Letot @ 2011-02-04 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I have been using org-mode for quite some times, and mobile-org (the
android version) for a much shorter time. So first of all I want to
thank all involved contributors: THANK YOU ALL !!!

Now to my problem: I use org-mode for managing... well, for managing my
life :-) But now I have a project that needs collaboration with a
partner. I naturally thought about org-mode for management, and
particularly mobile-org since we are both android users.

But how can I share one org file between two users, and more importantly
between two mobile-org instances ?

Thanks for your input,
--
Rémi

* Re: managing a shared project using org-mobile ?
@ 2011-02-05 10:34 ` Leo Noordhuizen
From: Leo Noordhuizen @ 2011-02-05 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rémi Letot; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Maybe you can make use of Dropbox to share the file(s) ?

@ 2011-02-05 11:25   ` Rémi Letot
From: Rémi Letot @ 2011-02-05 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Leo Noordhuizen <leo.noordhuizen@gmail.com> writes:

> Maybe you can make use of Dropbox to share the file(s) ?

Yep, I just realized that sharing an org file is not that easy, I need a
backend that can handle merging and conflict resolution. Now dropbox is
not an option for me for privacy reasons (and besides I don't think they
handle conflicts and merging), but I could easily setup an hg repository
and some glue to handle that from emacs. I'm even sure that I'm not the
first one to tackle that, so the recipe is probably out there waiting
for my google foo :-)

But that leaves mobile-org out of the picture, I don't think it can
handle merging and conflict resolution. The mobile part being a
requirement for us, I'll have to find another solution than org for that
particular project :-(

Thanks anyway,
--
Rémi