* Cancel recurring event
@ 2011-09-27  8:21 Torsten Bronger
From: Torsten Bronger @ 2011-09-27  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hallöchen!

A use case for me is that the very next incarnation of a recurring
event is cancelled.  Is this possible in org mode?

The closest possibility is

* TODO group meeting
  SCHEDULED: <2011-09-27 Di 13:30 ++1w>

and to set it to "done" when it's cancelled.  It's okay, I just
wonder whether there's an appointment-based solution instead of a
task-based.

Tschö,
Torsten.

--
Torsten Bronger    Jabber ID: torsten.bronger@jabber.rwth-aachen.de
                                  or http://bronger-jmp.appspot.com

* Re: Cancel recurring event
@ 2011-09-27 10:16 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-09-27 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Torsten Bronger <bronger@physik.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

> Hallöchen!
>
> A use case for me is that the very next incarnation of a recurring
> event is cancelled.  Is this possible in org mode?
>
> The closest possibility is
>
> * TODO group meeting
>   SCHEDULED: <2011-09-27 Di 13:30 ++1w>
>
> and to set it to "done" when it's cancelled.  It's okay, I just
> wonder whether there's an appointment-based solution instead of a
> task-based.
>
> Tschö,
> Torsten.

Hi Torsten,

I just set this repeating occurrence to CANCELLED (which is a DONE state
for me) and the event is rescheduled for the next cycle.  I log state
changes so I get a record of this.

Another option is to clone the task (C-c C-x c) for each occurrence. I
do that for some meetings where I want to take notes in individual
meetings - and a single meeting can then be rescheduled to a new
time/location without affecting the main repeating task.)  You can
then cancel the appropriate cloned task occurrence.

Regards,
Bernt

* Re: Cancel recurring event
@ 2011-09-28  5:14   ` Torsten Bronger
From: Torsten Bronger @ 2011-09-28  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hallöchen!

Bernt Hansen writes:

> Torsten Bronger <bronger@physik.rwth-aachen.de> writes:
>
>> A use case for me is that the very next incarnation of a recurring
>> event is cancelled.  Is this possible in org mode?
>>
>> The closest possibility is
>>
>> * TODO group meeting
>>   SCHEDULED: <2011-09-27 Di 13:30 ++1w>
>>
>> [...]
>
> I just set this repeating occurrence to CANCELLED (which is a DONE
> state for me) and the event is rescheduled for the next cycle.  I
> log state changes so I get a record of this.

Okay, I'll do something similar.  Thanks!

Tschö,
Torsten.