* orgtbl send and auto-capitalize-mode, cursor jumps
@ 2011-12-10 14:51 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2011-12-10 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello

In a latex file orgtbl-insert-radio-table works as
expected. However when I use Kevin Rodgers
auto-capitalize-mode, which I do regularly in a Latex file a
strange thing happen, when I insert a new line via the TAB
command and want to fill in the first colum, then the cursor
jumps to just before the \begin{document}
like
\documentclass{article}

9\begin{document}
% BEGIN RECEIVE ORGTBL test
\begin{tabular}{rr}
4 & 5 \\
7 & 8 \\
\end{tabular}
% END RECEIVE ORGTBL test
\begin{comment}
#+ORGTBL: SEND test orgtbl-to-latex :splice nil :skip 0
| 4 | 5 |
| 7 | 8 |
|  |   |
\end{comment}

\end{document}
when I turn off auto-capitalize-mode then everything works
as expected. Is there any workaround?

thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: orgtbl send and auto-capitalize-mode, cursor jumps
@ 2011-12-10 15:00 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2011-12-10 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Uwe,

I am not able to reproduce this.

- Carsten

@ 2011-12-10 16:39   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2011-12-10 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>> On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 16:00:19 +0100, Carsten Dominik
>> <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:

   > Hi Uwe,
   > I am not able to reproduce this.

   > - Carsten

Hi Carsten,

Hm, I don't hope this is a xemacs thing. I will continue
tracking down the problem. Just in case can you send me your
version of auto-capitalise.

thanks

Uwe

* Re: orgtbl send and auto-capitalize-mode, cursor jumps
@ 2011-12-10 16:51   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2011-12-10 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>> On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 16:00:19 +0100, Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:

   > Hi Uwe,
   > I am not able to reproduce this.

   > - Carsten

It seems a special configuration of auto-capitalize-mode
with respect to texmathp.

(autoload 'auto-capitalize-mode "auto-capitalize"
  "Toggle auto-capitalize minor mode in this buffer." t)
(autoload 'turn-on-auto-capitalize-mode "auto-capitalize"
  "Turn on auto-capitalize minor mode in this buffer." t)

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-capitalize-mode)
(add-hook 'TeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-capitalize-mode)
;; for auto-cap with LaTeX
(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
      (lambda ()
        (set (make-local-variable 'auto-capitalize-predicate)
             (lambda () (not (texmathp))))))