* Agenda custom command problems
@ 2012-02-27 10:45 James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2012-02-27 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Two questions about agenda custom commands.

1. I've defined a few custom agenda commands, but the only one that actually appears in the agenda dispatcher is 'z'. If I open Emacs and immediately C-h v org-agenda-custom-commands, it says:

Its value is
(("z" tags-todo "-ExamFdbk"))

But... The following block is one of the arguments to custom-set-variables in my ~/.emacs. I used the customize interface to create the custom commands.

 '(org-agenda-custom-commands (quote (("z" tags-todo "-ExamFdbk" nil) ("1" "Course-related TODOs" tags-todo "+AudioClass|Lesson|MyConcert|Workshop11&-Wk11plugs-Wk11Docs" nil) ("2" "Spring semester TODOs" tags-todo "-Wk11plugs-Wk11Docs" ((org-agenda-files (quote ("~/Documents/xinghai/11-12-spring/semester-spr.org"))) (org-agenda-sorting-strategy (quote (time-up))))))))

If I manually execute the entire custom-set-variables block, after that, C-h v shows the complete value.

Quite funny... it's all there, but Emacs doesn't process it during startup...? I've never seen that before with any other customize variable. All the other customize variables are set correctly.

Any ideas how to fix?

2. I would like command "2" to show a subset of the TODOs (based on tags) in one given file, sorted in order of time stamp. Everything is working except the sorting: (org-agenda-sorting-strategy '(time-up)) is so far not having any effect. The TODOs appear in the order of appearance in the file.

I need time stamp order to see at a glance what I need to do today vs tomorrow, etc.

("2" "Spring semester TODOs" tags-todo "-Wk11plugs-Wk11Docs"
  ((org-agenda-files
    '("~/Documents/xinghai/11-12-spring/semester-spr.org"))
   (org-agenda-sorting-strategy
    '(time-up))))

How to make the sorting strategy apply to a tags-todo search?

(Sorry if these are boring questions... I'm not as deep into org as people who are contributing emacs-lisp on list :)  These are just things that seem like they should be working, according to the documentation, but they aren't.)

hjh

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
jamshark70@dewdrop-world.net