* open exported document without export
@ 2013-04-22 11:43 Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2013-04-22 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

it would be great it there was (well, this is orgmode, so maybe there
is?) an option to use the exporter to open the result of a (previous)
export without doing the export again.

Such an option would spare me from searching the org-file for the file name
the exporter would use, and then switching to dired/shell to open the
document.

Especially useful,
- if the export takes long (e.g. a beamer presentation) or
- if I am not sure the export will go through or
- if I suspect the exported document to look different when exported
  again (my documents from half a year ago tend to not export smoothly
  with an up-to-date orgmode)

Regards,
Andreas

* Re: open exported document without export
@ 2013-04-23  7:37 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-04-23  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:

> it would be great it there was (well, this is orgmode, so maybe there
> is?) an option to use the exporter to open the result of a (previous)
> export without doing the export again.
>
> Such an option would spare me from searching the org-file for the file name
> the exporter would use, and then switching to dired/shell to open the
> document.

You may want to build something out of `org-export-output-file-name'.

Nicolas Goaziou