* #+BEGIN_SRC export in Latex
@ 2014-04-30 18:00 Luke Crook
From: Luke Crook @ 2014-04-30 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

The following example is not being exported in Latex as a code block.  However
it is exported correctly in HTML export.  org-mode version 8.2.6

 #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp -n -r
     (save-excursion                  (ref:sc)
        (goto-char (point-min)))      (ref:jump)
 #+END_SRC

* Re: #+BEGIN_SRC export in Latex
@ 2014-04-30 19:57 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-04-30 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luke Crook; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wednesday, 30 Apr 2014 at 18:00, Luke Crook wrote:
> The following example is not being exported in Latex as a code block.  However
> it is exported correctly in HTML export.  org-mode version 8.2.6
>
>  #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp -n -r
>      (save-excursion                  (ref:sc)
>         (goto-char (point-min)))      (ref:jump)
>  #+END_SRC

What do you actually get in your latex export?  I have just tried this
and it works just fine.  Mind you, my org is not quite up to date but it
*is* 8.2.6.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.2, Org release_8.2.6-923-g233c11

* Re: #+BEGIN_SRC export in Latex
@ 2014-04-30 20:28   ` Luke Crook
From: Luke Crook @ 2014-04-30 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Eric S Fraga <e.fraga <at> ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> On Wednesday, 30 Apr 2014 at 18:00, Luke Crook wrote:
> > The following example is not being exported in Latex as a code block.
However
> > it is exported correctly in HTML export.  org-mode version 8.2.6
> >
> >  #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp -n -r
> >      (save-excursion                  (ref:sc)
> >         (goto-char (point-min)))      (ref:jump)
> >  #+END_SRC
>
> What do you actually get in your latex export?  I have just tried this
> and it works just fine.  Mind you, my org is not quite up to date but it
> *is* 8.2.6.

Found the culprit. I have the following in my emacs.org file

** Fontify source blocks in Latext
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
 (setq org-latex-listings t)
 #+END_SRC

Setting org-latex-listings back to NIL fixed the problem.

* Re: #+BEGIN_SRC export in Latex
@ 2014-04-30 22:03     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-04-30 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luke Crook; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wednesday, 30 Apr 2014 at 20:28, Luke Crook wrote:

[...]

> Found the culprit. I have the following in my emacs.org file
>
> ** Fontify source blocks in Latext
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
>  (setq org-latex-listings t)
>  #+END_SRC
>
> Setting org-latex-listings back to NIL fixed the problem.

I have this variable set to t.  Of course, I also have this:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (add-to-list 'org-latex-packages-alist '("" "listings"))
#+end_src

If you have the variable set to t, does the LaTeX export work but maybe
not PDF export?  That is, do you get a LaTeX source file that has the
source code block in it using the listings package?
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.2, Org release_8.2.6-923-g233c11