* A question on org-element-headline-interperter
@ 2014-10-02 23:16 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2014-10-02 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Hi,

I guess I don't understand something.  I have a headline in a `headline'
variable (say that I did something like (org-element-parse-buffer) and
took one of the headlines from there).  I thought that

(insert
     (org-element-headline-interpreter headline (org-element-property
     :contents headline)))

would put it into the current buffer; however, it only puts the first
line (without the actual contents).

What is my misconception here?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: A question on org-element-headline-interperter
@ 2014-10-03  7:08 ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-10-03  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> writes:

Hi,

> I guess I don't understand something.  I have a headline in a `headline'
> variable (say that I did something like (org-element-parse-buffer) and
> took one of the headlines from there).  I thought that
>
> (insert
>      (org-element-headline-interpreter headline (org-element-property
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>      :contents headline)))
>
> would put it into the current buffer; however, it only puts the first
> line (without the actual contents).
>
> What is my misconception here?

as I learned myself from Nicolas recently, these are internal functions,
the API function for interpreting is

,----[ C-h f org-element-interpret-data RET ]

`----

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: A question on org-element-headline-interperter
@ 2014-10-03 11:38   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2014-10-03 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2014-10-03, at 09:08, Thorsten Jolitz wrote:

> Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> writes:
>
>> What is my misconception here?
>
> as I learned myself from Nicolas recently, these are internal functions,
> the API function for interpreting is
>
> ,----[ C-h f org-element-interpret-data RET ]
> | org-element-interpret-data is an autoloaded compiled Lisp function in
> | `org-element.el'.
> |
> | (org-element-interpret-data DATA &optional PSEUDO-OBJECTS)
> |
> | Interpret DATA as Org syntax.
> |
> | DATA is a parse tree, an element, an object or a secondary string
> | to interpret.
> |
> | Optional argument PSEUDO-OBJECTS is a list of symbols defining
> | new types that should be treated as objects.  An unknown type not
> | belonging to this list is seen as a pseudo-element instead.  Both
> | pseudo-objects and pseudo-elements are transparent entities, i.e.
> | only their contents are interpreted.
> |
> | Return Org syntax as a string.
> `----

Thanks a lot, that fixes my problem!  Now I'll move on to the next
one;-).  (I don't have it yet, but I'm sure I'll invent something.)

Best,