From: Manuel Schneckenreither <manuel.schneckenreither@student.uibk.ac.at>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Other editors supporting Org-Mode
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 10:38:04 +0200	[thread overview]

Sorry for the late response from me.

I read all your ideas on how to solve that.

For now I made them to use the org-mode syntax. We'll see if that works
out tho.

To your suggestions:

@Jorge: I also had the idea of an emacs configuration which restricts to
org mode only. The good thing is that this editor would not need any
update whenever org mode changes, due to the fact that the real org mode
is used. A quite good argument.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to create such a configuration
right now. So I will postpone this solution.

@Albert: Yes, using markdown mode could also be a solution. However,
then we always got the converting back and forth which might cause
trouble. So it is not as satisfying as I wish it was, but still it could
work out.

@Paul: Trello seems quite interesting. However, I want to create
documents, which then are converted to latex and pdf. Due to the fact
that Trello is for task management, this doesn't really work out.

@Stefan: This Sublime extension might be the solution. Thanks for that
input.

@All others: Thanks for your inputs.

So I will try to let them use sublime with the orgmode plugin, and see
if it that works out. One more thing: This semester I got a class at
university which is called "Advanced C/C++ Programming". In that class
we will develop some project (which we can pick on our own). So I will
make the suggesting of creating an editor which is capable of displaying
org mode files (with the main focus on text files and not task
managment), similar to org mode and possibly even tex/pdf conversion.
The language for the program will of course be C++ and obviously this is
not negotiable.

Thanks for your input guys.

Manuel

--