* Entering Repeating Scheduled Tasks in the Minibuffer
@ 2014-12-10 15:09 Kenneth Jacker
From: Kenneth Jacker @ 2014-12-10 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Good day!

Is there a way that I can specify a scheduled task's repeat period
within a single "time specification" in the minibuffer?  I thought
something like this would work:

            Dec 25 +1y

but it neither inserts the "repeater" nor gives any error message.

I've tried various things and checked the manual, but can't seem to find
the right combination of keystrokes.

Thanks for your comments!

PS  What is the meaning of "(=>F)" that appears at the end of the minibuffer?

--
Prof Kenneth H Jacker (ret)   khj@cs.appstate.edu
Computer Science Dept         www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj

* Re: Entering Repeating Scheduled Tasks in the Minibuffer
@ 2014-12-10 22:29 ` Pete Ley
From: Pete Ley @ 2014-12-10 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: khj; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>PS  What is the meaning of "(=>F)" that appears at the end of the
>minibuffer?

I believe this means org has chosen the future option of an ambiguous
input. e.g., it is December 10th. I use C-c . to create a timestamp and
simply put in "9". The closest date that matches is December 9th, but
there is a setting (I think org-read-date-prefer-future) that makes it
prefer to choose a date in the future, so it is letting you know that it
is opting for the future date instead of the closest date.

I could be wrong, but that is my understanding.

* Re: Entering Repeating Scheduled Tasks in the Minibuffer
@ 2014-12-16  1:46   ` Kenneth Jacker
From: Kenneth Jacker @ 2014-12-16  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

So, no one has any ideas about the syntax for an all-in-minibuffer
specification of a repeated, scheduled event?

  -Kenneth

PS  Thanks, Pete, for your explaining  "(=F)" ...

* Re: Entering Repeating Scheduled Tasks in the Minibuffer
       [not found] <D0B4FD4A.16A3B%jay.iyer@sandisk.com>
@ 2015-01-02 22:22 ` Kenneth Jacker
From: Kenneth Jacker @ 2015-01-02 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

  ji> Have you tried <2014-12-15 +1m> for a monthly repeater?
  ji> <2014-12-15 +1w> for a weekly repeater and
  ji> <2014-12-15 +1d> for a daily repeater.

Yes, I'm already doing that and all of them work.

But, that's not my issue ...

I can add the "+1m" (or whatever) in a newly created "capture" buffer
*after* I type the date/time, task description, and <ENTER>.

But how to do this sooner?

I'd like to enter something like "Jan 7 +1y" in the mini-buffer while
creating the new item.

Maybe there is a way to do this, but I don't know how!  ;-)

Sorry if this is still unclear ... hard to describe ...

Thanks for your comments,

  -Kenneth