* Display Agenda in Reverse Order
@ 2015-04-24 21:18 Kenneth Jacker
From: Kenneth Jacker @ 2015-04-24 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Org

Looked around some, but could find nothing that helped ...
So I ask the list!

When I display my "agenda", the oldest (scheduled) items are earlier in
the buffer, and the newest (today) are at the very end.

Is there a simple way to reverse that "schedule order"?

Ideally, my "timed" appointments (grid) would be displayed first, and
then followed by today's scheduled items, yesterday's "left over" items,
and so on until the oldest is shown at the very end.

<ASIDE>

As a major procrastinator, I have lines like this:

     personal:   Sched.389x:  TODO  Work on foobar

Yes originally scheduled over a year ago!  :(

I'd rather those very old items were at the *bottom* of the "agenda"
... easier to continue to ignore them that way ... ;-)

</ASIDE>

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions!

--
Prof Kenneth H Jacker (emeritus)  khj@cs.appstate.edu
Computer Science Dept            www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj

* Re: Display Agenda in Reverse Order
@ 2015-04-24 21:28 ` Subhan Michael Tindall
From: Subhan Michael Tindall @ 2015-04-24 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: khj@cs.appstate.edu, Emacs Org

Take a look at

org-agenda-sorting-strategy

It should help you out.  Note though that the timestamp sorting does not work on all agenda types, it's a known bug.

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you.

* Re: Display Agenda in Reverse Order
@ 2015-04-26 16:25   ` Kenneth Jacker
From: Kenneth Jacker @ 2015-04-26 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Subhan Michael Tindall; +Cc: Emacs Org

  smt> Take a look at
  smt>
  smt>    org-agenda-sorting-strategy

Will do!

  smt> It should help you out.

Once I figure out how to configure it!  ;-)

  smt> Note though that the timestamp sorting does not work on all
  smt> agenda types, it's a known bug.

OK.

Thanks for your useful and prompt reply!

  -Kenneth

* Re: Display Agenda in Reverse Order
@ 2015-05-03 17:37   ` Kenneth Jacker
From: Kenneth Jacker @ 2015-05-03 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Subhan Michael Tindall; +Cc: Emacs Org

  smt> Take a look at
  smt>
  smt>    org-agenda-sorting-strategy
  smt>
  smt> It should help you out.

It did ... thanks for the info!

For others who might want to do the same or something similar,
I'll show what I did to change the "sorting order" ...

I changed the value of "org-agenda-sorting-strategy" from this:

   ((agenda habit-down time-up priority-down category-keep)
    (todo priority-down category-keep)
    (tags priority-down category-keep)
    (search category-keep))

to this:

   ((agenda habit-down time-up scheduled-down priority-down category-keep)
    (todo priority-down category-keep)
    (tags priority-down category-keep)
    (search category-keep))

Inserting "scheduled-down" did "the trick!

Thanks again,

  -Kenneth