* expand yasnippet or abbriv text inside a capture
@ 2015-06-05 18:57 Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2015-06-05 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi all

I was wondering since i have zero lisp (or coding at all) skills if anyone
could show me an example on how to expand yasnippet or text as part of a
org capture

i think that using %(sexp) would work (im guessing here :))

i have this capture

("f" "food" entry (file+headline "/home/zeltak/org/files/agenda/food.org"
"Inbox")
"* COOK %?  %^g " :kill-buffer )

i want that after the COOK headline it will expand a snippet or if not
possible add a property drawer.

also related can org ask me to fill in specific properties in a property
drawer as part of the capture?

thx!

* Re: expand yasnippet or abbriv text inside a capture
@ 2015-06-06  6:54 ` Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2015-06-06  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Ok so i made some progress here. i think i can just use the org capture
itself to suit my needs. but as i dont know elisp i got stuck with this:

  (setq org-capture-templates
        (quote (
("f" "food" entry (file+headline "/home/zeltak/org/files/agenda/food.org"
"Inbox")
 "* Cook %? %^g
   :PROPERTIES:
   :Time:
   :Rating:
   :Source:
   :Ammount:
   :Fav:
   :Type:
   :ID:
   :END:

** HEADER 2
** HEADER 3 " )

when i add the subheaders ** HEADER 2 and ** HEADER 3 i can eval the
section anymore.

Do i need to escape the * somehow? i just want 2 same level subheadrs below
the main capture header/
whats the best way to do this?

best

@ 2015-06-08 16:22   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2015-06-08 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com> writes:

> Ok so i made some progress here. i think i can just use the org capture itself to suit my needs. but as i dont know elisp i got
> stuck with this:
>
>   (setq org-capture-templates
>         (quote (
> ("f" "food" entry (file+headline "/home/zeltak/org/files/agenda/food.org" "Inbox")
>  "* Cook %? %^g
>    :PROPERTIES:
>    :Time:
>    :Rating:
>    :Source:
>    :Ammount:
>    :Fav:
>    :Type:
>    :ID:
>    :END:
>
> ** HEADER 2
> ** HEADER 3 " )
>
> when i add the subheaders ** HEADER 2 and ** HEADER 3 i can eval the section anymore.

If this is your complete setting for org-capture-templates, you are
missing closing parens (three of them if I'm counting correctly). If you
have additional entries, just post the whole (setq org-capture-templates ... )
form: somebody will be able to correct it for you.

> Do i need to escape the * somehow? i just want 2 same level subheadrs below the main capture header/
> whats the best way to do this?

The above worked for me, so I assume it is just a paren syntax error.

Nick