* Bug: Appointments duration and effort sums in agenda column view [9.3.7 (release_9.3.7-700-ga1e5be @ ~/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
@ 2020-08-03 19:25 Stanislav Vlasov
From: Stanislav Vlasov @ 2020-08-03 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear org community,

It seems that adding appointment duration to efforts sum is not working for Agenda Column View. Setting `agenda-columns-add-appointments-to-effort-sum' does not affect that.

Looking at the org-colview.el code I think that the reason why column view in org agenda can not add entry duration to efforts (even when org-agenda-columns-add-appointments-to-effort-sum is set to t) is because the function org-columns--collect-values which is called on each org entry by org-agenda-columns cannot actually get the text property 'duration at the point where it tries to do that.

I proposed a temporary workaround as an answer to the related question at  Emacs StackExchange - https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/58875/how-do-i-add-appointments-to-effort-sum

Kind regards,
Stas

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20)
 of 2020-05-19
Package: Org mode version 9.3.7 (release_9.3.7-700-ga1e5be @ ~/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)

* Re: Bug: Appointments duration and effort sums in agenda column view [9.3.7 (release_9.3.7-700-ga1e5be @ ~/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
  2020-08-03 19:25 Bug: Appointments duration and effort sums in agenda column view [9.3.7 (release_9.3.7-700-ga1e5be @ ~/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)] Stanislav Vlasov
@ 2020-09-07  5:12 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-07  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stanislav Vlasov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear Stanislav,

thanks for reporting this, I confirm the bug.

I shared a note on the SO entry asking for a patch: since the
solution is mostly written, it would help if a patch could be
sent to this mailing list directly.

See https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html on how to
contribute.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

@ 2021-05-16 23:11   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2021-05-16 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stanislav Vlasov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear Stanislav,

I'd like to revive this thread: did you have time to ask the person
on reddit to share the solution as a patch?  Or could you make this
patch yourself, by any chance?

Thanks a lot,

--
 Bastien