* Emacs-related IRC channels moving to Libera.Chat
@ 2021-06-12  2:38 Amin Bandali
From: Amin Bandali @ 2021-06-12  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-erc, emacs-orgmode; +Cc: emacs-tangents

Hello,

Per today's announcement [0] on GNU and FSF moving to the Libera.Chat
IRC network, the following Emacs-related channels are also moving from
Freenode to Libera.Chat:

- #emacs
- #emacs-beginners
- #org-mode
- #erc
- #gnus

[0]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnu/2021-06/msg00005.html

Additionally, several other #emacs-* channels have already moved or
have been newly formed on Libera.Chat.  If you would like to register
a new channel in the #emacs-* namespace on Libera.Chat, including for
channels previously on Freenode, please email me at bandali at gnu.org
off-list and I would be happy to help set things up.

In the interest of keeping this list's discussions on topic, please
direct any replies to this post to the emacs-tangents@gnu.org list
instead or to myself off-list, thank you.

* Re: Emacs-related IRC channels moving to Libera.Chat
@ 2021-06-12  7:44 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2021-06-12  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amin Bandali; +Cc: emacs-tangents, emacs-erc, emacs-orgmode

Amin Bandali <bandali@gnu.org> writes:

> Hello,

Hi Amin,

> Per today's announcement [0] on GNU and FSF moving to the Libera.Chat
> IRC network, the following Emacs-related channels are also moving from
> Freenode to Libera.Chat:

Are there plans to replace freenode by Libera.Chat in the Emacs sources?

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Emacs-related IRC channels moving to Libera.Chat
@ 2021-06-12 15:34   ` Amin Bandali
From: Amin Bandali @ 2021-06-12 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: emacs-tangents, emacs-erc, emacs-orgmode

Hi Michael,

Michael Albinus writes:

> Amin Bandali <bandali@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>
> Hi Amin,
>
>> Per today's announcement [0] on GNU and FSF moving to the Libera.Chat
>> IRC network, the following Emacs-related channels are also moving from
>> Freenode to Libera.Chat:
>
> Are there plans to replace freenode by Libera.Chat in the Emacs sources?

Yes indeed; I will be pushing commits and/or sending patches for that
for the emacs.git repo through the day today. :-)

> Best regards, Michael.

Best,
amin