* [C-c C-q] org-set-tags-command completed tags does not contains current buffer local tags
@ 2024-04-17 14:29 Christopher M. Miles
From: Christopher M. Miles @ 2024-04-17 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

In the [C-c C-q] org-set-tags-command, I found it does not complete tags in current buffer.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun org-set-tags-command (&optional arg)
  (let* (...
         (local-table (or org-current-tag-alist (org-get-buffer-tags)))
         ;; the `org-current-tag-alist' is from my customized `org-tag-persistent-alist'.
         ...)))
#+end_src

Steps to reproduce:

1. create an empty Org mode file and open it as a Emacs buffer.
2. Fill in Org content as bellowing

#+begin_src org
* headline 1  :tag1:workflow:

* headline 2 :tag2:name:
#+end_src

3. save buffer
4. Press [C-c C-q] org-set-tag-command
5. You can't see buffer local tags "tag1", "tag2", "workflow", "name" in tags completion.

--

[ stardiviner ]
I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express without misunderstanding.

Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
IRC(libera.chat, freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [C-c C-q] org-set-tags-command completed tags does not contains current buffer local tags
@ 2024-04-17 16:25 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-04-17 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher M. Miles; +Cc: Org Mode List

"Christopher M. Miles" <numbchild@gmail.com> writes:

> In the [C-c C-q] org-set-tags-command, I found it does not complete tags in current buffer.
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. create an empty Org mode file and open it as a Emacs buffer.
> 2. Fill in Org content as bellowing
>
> #+begin_src org
> * headline 1  :tag1:workflow:
>
> * headline 2 :tag2:name:
> #+end_src
>
> 3. save buffer
> 4. Press [C-c C-q] org-set-tag-command
> 5. You can't see buffer local tags "tag1", "tag2", "workflow", "name" in tags completion.

I followed your steps starting from emacs -Q and also starting from make
repro in Org git repo using Emacs master and Emacs 29. In all the cases,
I am seeing all the buffer tags in the completion. I am unable to
reproduce the problem.

May you please provide steps to reproduce starting from emacs -Q using
the latest bugfix or main branch of Org mode?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,