* [POLL] Different face for 'stuck projects'
@ 2007-07-26 17:43 Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-07-26 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

I'd like your opinions on making 'stuck projects' display with a
different face. Do you think this is a good idea?

My reason:

I often collect projects through _remember_ and then process them by
assigning a date or context, however that means stuck projects will mix
with unstuck projects. This change can make it easier to identify stuck
projects.

Best,

* Re: [POLL] Different face for 'stuck projects'
@ 2007-07-26 20:19 ` Jason F. McBrayer
From: Jason F. McBrayer @ 2007-07-26 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

> I'd like your opinions on making 'stuck projects' display with a
> different face. Do you think this is a good idea?

I'd guess identifying stuck projects may be too much work to be done
continually as fontification is, given that the rules for identifying a
stuck project may be quite complex.

In my workflow, I only need to identify stuck projects when doing a
weekly review, so the agenda view works fine for me.  I don't worry
about stuck projects being mixed in with my other projects the rest of
the time, since they won't produce anything that will show up in my
agenda searches.

| Jason F. McBrayer                    jmcbray@carcosa.net  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |

* Re: [POLL] Different face for 'stuck projects'
@ 2007-07-27 15:38   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-07-27 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

jmcbray@carcosa.net (Jason F. McBrayer) writes:

> In my workflow, I only need to identify stuck projects when doing a
> weekly review, so the agenda view works fine for me.

Yes, i also think the process of checking for stuck projects should not
be automated, it seems better to me if it relies on some decision - you
know, the kind of things that is more likely to trigger an action :)

If you still want to check for stuck projects dynamically, why not hook
`org-agenda-list-stuck-projects' somewhere?

Bastien