* YASnippet fix not working
@ 2009-08-02 19:21 Kyle Sexton
From: Kyle Sexton @ 2009-08-02 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

I'm trying to get YASnippet working with org-mode, but the fix I've
found online doesn't seem to be working.

--snip--
(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (org-set-local 'yas/trigger-key [tab])
            (define-key yas/keymap [tab] 'yas/next-field-group)))
--snip--

I've added the above code to my emacs init file.  When I run C-h k
<tab> in an org-file, it still reports that org-cycle is bound to
tab.

The modeline while working on an org file shows that YASnippet is
running, and manually executing M-x yas/expand will expand the
org-mode hooks that are defined.

For some reason I just can't remap that tab key!

Thanks for any help, pretty soon I'll just remap it to a different
key. :)

--
Kyle Sexton

* Re: YASnippet fix not working
@ 2009-08-02 20:30 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2009-08-02 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Sexton; +Cc: org-mode

Kyle Sexton <ks@mocker.org> writes:

> I'm trying to get YASnippet working with org-mode, but the fix I've
> found online doesn't seem to be working.
>
> --snip--
> (add-hook 'org-mode-hook
>           (lambda ()
>             (org-set-local 'yas/trigger-key [tab])
>             (define-key yas/keymap [tab] 'yas/next-field-group)))
> --snip--

The following works for me

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
	  (lambda ()
	    (make-variable-buffer-local 'yas/trigger-key)
	    (setq yas/trigger-key [tab])
	    (define-key yas/keymap [tab] 'yas/next-field-group)))

> I've added the above code to my emacs init file.  When I run C-h k
> <tab> in an org-file, it still reports that org-cycle is bound to
> tab.

C-h c <tab> reports yas/expand for me.  Best -- Eric

@ 2009-08-02 22:59 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2009-08-02 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Sexton; +Cc: org-mode

At Sun, 02 Aug 2009 14:21:58 -0500,
Kyle Sexton wrote:

> I'm trying to get YASnippet working with org-mode, but the fix I've
> found online doesn't seem to be working.
>
> --snip--
> (add-hook 'org-mode-hook
>           (lambda ()
>             (org-set-local 'yas/trigger-key [tab])
>             (define-key yas/keymap [tab] 'yas/next-field-group)))
> --snip--
>
> I've added the above code to my emacs init file.  When I run C-h k
> <tab> in an org-file, it still reports that org-cycle is bound to
> tab.

Two things:

1. make sure you initialise yasnippet *before* org-mode.

2. my configuration is:

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
          '(lambda ()
             (make-variable-buffer-local 'yas/trigger-key)
             (setq yas/trigger-key [tab])
	     (define-key yas/keymap [tab] 'yas/next-field-group)
	     )
	  )

which works for me.  Maybe give this a try?

* Re: YASnippet fix not working
@ 2009-08-03  3:05   ` Kyle Sexton
From: Kyle Sexton @ 2009-08-03  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: org-mode

At Sun, 02 Aug 2009 23:59:59 +0100,
Eric S Fraga <ucecesf@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> Two things:
>
> 1. make sure you initialise yasnippet *before* org-mode.
>
> 2. my configuration is:
>
> (add-hook 'org-mode-hook
>           '(lambda ()
>              (make-variable-buffer-local 'yas/trigger-key)
>              (setq yas/trigger-key [tab])
> 	     (define-key yas/keymap [tab] 'yas/next-field-group)
> 	     )
> 	  )
>
> which works for me.  Maybe give this a try?

Thanks, turns out the issue was with me running
yasnippet-0.6.0c. After switching to 0.5.10 everything is working as
expected.

--
Kyle Sexton