* org-babel and python3
@ 2011-08-10 14:07 henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2011-08-10 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

How can I cause org-babel to use python3 instead of python2?
Emacs (in python-mode) already does it flawlessly with

(setq py-python-command "/usr/bin/python3")

henry

--
http://literaturlatenight.de

* Re: org-babel and python3
@ 2011-08-10 14:48 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2011-08-10 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

henry atting <nsmp_02@online.de> writes:

> How can I cause org-babel to use python3 instead of python2?
> Emacs (in python-mode) already does it flawlessly with
>
> (setq py-python-command "/usr/bin/python3")

There is a variable:

┏━━━┫ org-babel-python-command ┃
┃
┃ org-babel-python-command is a variable defined in `ob-python.el'.  Its
┃ value is "python2"
┃
┃   This variable is potentially risky when used as a file local variable.
┃
┃ Documentation: Name of command for executing python code.
┃
┗━━━

You could change it. I never managed to get Python2/3 working well in
Org-mode,

--
Sent from my Emacs

* Re: org-babel and python3
@ 2011-08-10 15:04   ` henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2011-08-10 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> henry atting <nsmp_02@online.de> writes:
>
>> How can I cause org-babel to use python3 instead of python2?
>> Emacs (in python-mode) already does it flawlessly with
>>
>> (setq py-python-command "/usr/bin/python3")
>
> There is a variable:
>
> ┏━━━┫ org-babel-python-command ┃
> ┃
> ┃ org-babel-python-command is a variable defined in `ob-python.el'.  Its
> ┃ value is "python2"
> ┃
> ┃   This variable is potentially risky when used as a file local variable.
> ┃
> ┃ Documentation: Name of command for executing python code.
> ┃
> ┗━━━
>
> You could change it.

Thanks. I changed it and it seems org-mode is now using python3...

> I never managed to get Python2/3 working well in Org-mode,

... but does not work well here too. So thanks again for this hint
which prevents me from spending to much time on it.

henry

--
http://literaturlatenight.de