* Missing files in mobileorg-android when syncing using Windows and cygwin
@ 2012-07-24 15:55 Mathias Kegelmann
From: Mathias Kegelmann @ 2012-07-24 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I had the problem that on my Android device only the Agenda View showed up
after syncing. Debugging the issue it turned out not to be a problem with
mobileorg-android but in the ELisp code: basically no SHAs where computed
for the other files, hence they were not included in checksums.dat and for
this reason not available in the Android app.

Details and workaround are described on the issue page
https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/issues/246#issuecomment-7204576 of
the mobileorg-android github project.

Cheers,
Mathias

* Re: Missing files in mobileorg-android when syncing using Windows and cygwin
@ 2012-07-28 18:06 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-07-28 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathias Kegelmann; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Mathias,

Mathias Kegelmann <mathias.kegelmann@gmail.com> writes:

> Details and workaround are described on the issue page https://
> github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/issues/246#issuecomment-7204576
>  of the mobileorg-android github project.

There is no mention of Emacs version on this page.

Please send *all* relevant information directly on the list,
that helps.

For this problem, knowing Emacs version will certainly help,
as `shell-quote-argument' should do the right thing on w32.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Missing files in mobileorg-android when syncing using Windows and cygwin
@ 2012-07-28 20:44   ` Mathias Kegelmann
From: Mathias Kegelmann @ 2012-07-28 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

thanks for pointing out that the version is missing. I am running:

ELISP> (emacs-version)
"GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)\n of 2010-05-08 on G41R2F1"

The issue with shell-quote is as follows:

ELISP> (shell-quote-argument "c:/org/test")
"c\\:/org/test"

The problem is the backslash before the colon as quoting colons doesn't
seem to be legal in Cygwin.

- Mathias

@ 2012-07-31 15:36     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-07-31 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathias Kegelmann; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Mathias,

Mathias Kegelmann <mathias.kegelmann@gmail.com> writes:

> thanks for pointing out that the version is missing. I am running:
>
> ELISP> (emacs-version)
> "GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)\n of 2010-05-08 on G41R2F1"
>
> The issue with shell-quote is as follows:
>
> ELISP> (shell-quote-argument "c:/org/test")
> "c\\:/org/test"

This is also the output for current Emacs (24.1.50.1).

> The problem is the backslash before the colon as quoting colons
> doesn't seem to be legal in Cygwin.

Mh.. I'm don't really know anything about Cygwin, so perhaps it's safer
to ask this on the emacs-devel@ mailing list.  IIUC, the question is
whether Cygwin requires something else than 'shell-quote-argument in
such cases.

 Bastien