* Scroll agenda to a certain line after refresh or creation?
@ 2014-06-05 11:34 Martin Beck
From: Martin Beck @ 2014-06-05 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: Scroll agenda to a certain line after refresh or creation?
@ 2014-06-13 10:41 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-06-13 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Martin,

"Martin Beck" <elwood151@web.de> writes:

> Can I let the agenda scroll automatically to the line with the
> current time, which looks like that (naturally, the time is not a
> constant) after building or rebuilding it?

You can bind a key to this command:

(lambda ()
  (interactive)
  (goto-char
   (text-property-any (point-min) (point-max)
		      'face 'org-agenda-current-time)))

> How can I apply a special face to this line to make it better visible
> (but only in this agenda view, not in others)?

M-x customize-face RET org-agenda-current-time RET

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Scroll agenda to a certain line after refresh or creation?
@ 2014-06-13 11:25   ` Martin Beck
From: Martin Beck @ 2014-06-13 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg <at> gnu.org> writes:

> You can bind a key to this command:
>
> (lambda ()
>   (interactive)
>   (goto-char
>    (text-property-any (point-min) (point-max)
> 		      'face 'org-agenda-current-time)))
>
> > How can I apply a special face to this line to make it better visible
> > (but only in this agenda view, not in others)?
>
> M-x customize-face RET org-agenda-current-time RET

Salut Bastien,

thanks a lot. Indeed that helps, but it arises 2 more questions...

How can I test a command like the one you sent me without saving it in a
buffer and binding a key to it?
I'd like to just execute it like a shell command with M-x, but I did not
find a way to do that.

How can I define that this command is executed each time I build or refresh
a certain (not all) block agenda?

Kind regards

Martin

* Re: Scroll agenda to a certain line after refresh or creation?
@ 2014-06-13 11:29     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-06-13 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Beck; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Martin,

Martin Beck <elwood151@web.de> writes:

> I'd like to just execute it like a shell command with M-x, but I did not
> find a way to do that.

M-: (...) RET

> How can I define that this command is executed each time I build or refresh
> a certain (not all) block agenda?

You can add it in `org-agenda-finalize-hook' but this will execute it
for all hook.  And the command is dumb, if there is no time grid, it
will throw an error.

--
 Bastien