* export to odt is not per default in the export menu
@ 2016-04-08  8:14 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2016-04-08  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

When I use org-export-dispatch, then a list of possible formats pop up
but odt is not among them. Only if I explicitly call
org-odt-export-to-odt

once, then this command pops up in the list. How
can I change this behaviour and have the odt export function in the
list??

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: export to odt is not per default in the export menu
@ 2016-04-08  8:19 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2016-04-08  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Hi
>
> When I use org-export-dispatch, then a list of possible formats pop up
> but odt is not among them. Only if I explicitly call
> org-odt-export-to-odt
>
> once, then this command pops up in the list. How
> can I change this behaviour and have the odt export function in the
> list??

Somewhere in your init files, put (require 'ox-odt). Then it will always
be available. Take a look at the other ox-* files, many of them are
useful enough to always load by default.

* Re: export to odt is not per default in the export menu
@ 2016-04-08  9:07   ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2016-04-08  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Abrahamsen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

This question pops up fairly often. I suggest that ODT should be
provided out of the box. It is clearly in demand. It meets the needs of
a whole segment of users that need to work with office software. Sure,
nothing prevents them from using it by adding a brief line to their init
file. But why not advertise it? It's a major feature and it works well.

Yours,
Christian

@ 2016-04-08  9:38     ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2016-04-08  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> writes:

> This question pops up fairly often. I suggest that ODT should be
> provided out of the box. It is clearly in demand. It meets the needs of
> a whole segment of users that need to work with office software. Sure,
> nothing prevents them from using it by adding a brief line to their init
> file. But why not advertise it? It's a major feature and it works well.

FWIW, I also think this would be a good thing to load by default.

* Re: export to odt is not per default in the export menu
@ 2016-04-08  9:40       ` Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2016-04-08  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Abrahamsen; +Cc: org mode

+1 as well :)

@ 2016-04-08 10:08   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2016-04-08 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

   > Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

   > Somewhere in your init files, put (require 'ox-odt). Then it will always
   > be available. Take a look at the other ox-* files, many of them are
   > useful enough to always load by default.

Thanks that worked fine!

* Re: export to odt is not per default in the export menu
@ 2016-04-08 18:06         ` Eduardo Mercovich
From: Eduardo Mercovich @ 2016-04-08 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xebar Saram; +Cc: Eric Abrahamsen, org mode

+1 even if I personally don't use it.
For many people is the bridge to work with others.

Best...

--
eduardo mercovich

 Donde se cruzan tus talentos
 con las necesidades del mundo,
 ahí está tu vocación.

* Re: export to odt is not per default in the export menu
@ 2016-04-10  8:23       ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-04-10  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Abrahamsen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>> This question pops up fairly often. I suggest that ODT should be
>> provided out of the box. It is clearly in demand. It meets the needs of
>> a whole segment of users that need to work with office software. Sure,
>> nothing prevents them from using it by adding a brief line to their init
>> file. But why not advertise it? It's a major feature and it works well.
>
> FWIW, I also think this would be a good thing to load by default.

Done.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: export to odt is not per default in the export menu
@ 2016-04-10  9:45         ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2016-04-10  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,

>>> This question pops up fairly often. I suggest that ODT should be
>>> provided out of the box. It is clearly in demand. It meets the needs of
>>> a whole segment of users that need to work with office software. Sure,
>>> nothing prevents them from using it by adding a brief line to their init
>>> file. But why not advertise it? It's a major feature and it works well.
>>
>> FWIW, I also think this would be a good thing to load by default.
>
> Done.

Thanks very much, Nicolas!

* Re: export to odt is not per default in the export menu
@ 2016-04-10 11:29           ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2016-04-10 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Abrahamsen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>>> FWIW, I also think this would be a good thing to load by default.
>>
>> Done.
>
> Thanks very much, Nicolas!

+1!

Yours,
Christian

* Re: export to odt is not per default in the export menu
@ 2016-04-13  2:18         ` Eduardo Mercovich
From: Eduardo Mercovich @ 2016-04-13  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Eric Abrahamsen, emacs-orgmode

Hi.

>>> [...] I suggest that ODT should be provided out of the box. It is
>>> clearly in demand. It meets the needs of a whole segment of users
>>> that need to work with office software. Sure, nothing prevents them
>>> from using it by adding a brief line to their init file. But why not
>>> advertise it? It's a major feature and it works well.

>> FWIW, I also think this would be a good thing to load by default.

> Done.

Thanks Nicolas! :)