* texi to org?
@ 2018-02-19  4:14 Lawrence Bottorff
From: Lawrence Bottorff @ 2018-02-19  4:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there such a thing as a converter from a raw texi file to an org file?
I'm experimenting with manual formats and would like to take texi/info
files and convert them to org files. I've tried two approaches with pandoc,
namely, html to org and text (markdown) to org -- and they've produced org
files that lock up Emacs (25.3) - Org (9.1.6). Yes, they come up after a
good half hour, but Emacs is still locked up with my CPUs racing. Right now
I'm working with Emacs Calc
<https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/calc.html>'s single
html manual. I've done

>pandoc -f html -t org -o GNUEmacsCalcManual.org GNUEmacsCalcManual.html

and it produces a 2.3 mb file that, as I say, doesn't come up well. This
was following Using Emacs Pandoc
<http://cestlaz.github.io/posts/using-emacs-41-pandoc/>.

I don't necessarily need to do this, but I've had this issue before with
semi-large org files, e.g., a mg-sized file with lots of scheduling stuff.
What sort of processing is going on to open an org file that it would bog
down so badly? Is there anything I can do outside of Emacs to help my
pandoc-produced org file?

LB

* Re: texi to org?
@ 2018-02-19  8:52 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-02-19  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lawrence Bottorff <borgauf@gmail.com> writes:

> I don't necessarily need to do this, but I've had this issue before with
> semi-large org files, e.g., a mg-sized file with lots of scheduling stuff.
> What sort of processing is going on to open an org file that it would bog
> down so badly?

It would be interesting to do some profiling on the file and setting
`toggle-debug-on-quit'.

Nicolas Goaziou