* org-envolve.el
@ 2018-12-01 19:28 David Arroyo Menendez
From: David Arroyo Menendez @ 2018-12-01 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've implemented a new file to contrib/lisp. It's called org-envolve.el,
this file implements functions to help to format in org-mode from
ASCII. For instance, you have a bash source that you are copying in your
buffer, later you can call org-envolve-tags to add #+BEGIN_SRC bash in
the beginning and #+END_SRC in the end. I use this feature all weeks in
the year. But the file provides functions to envolve numbered list, or
check list.

I can't make git push at this moment

davidam@libresoft:~/git/org-mode/contrib/lisp$ git push origin master
Counting objects: 27, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (27/27), done.
Writing objects: 100% (27/27), 4.26 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 27 (delta 17), reused 0 (delta 0)
Username for 'https://code.orgmode.org': davidam
Password for 'https://davidam@code.orgmode.org':
error: RPC failed; HTTP 403 curl 22 GnuTLS recv error (-110): The TLS
connection was non-properly terminated.
Everything up-to-date

But this software is released with a gpl licencese.

Thanks in advance.

--
https://cienciabasura.wordpress.com/
http://libremanuals.net/

[-- Attachment #2: org-envolve.el --]

* Re: org-envolve.el
@ 2018-12-02  8:15 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-12-02  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Arroyo Menendez; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

David Arroyo Menendez <davidam@gnu.org> writes:

> I've implemented a new file to contrib/lisp.

Is there any reason to favor contrib/lisp instead of some ELPA? I'm
asking this because I'd like to reduce the number of packages in
contrib/.

> It's called org-envolve.el,
> this file implements functions to help to format in org-mode from
> ASCII. For instance, you have a bash source that you are copying in your
> buffer, later you can call org-envolve-tags to add #+BEGIN_SRC bash in
> the beginning and #+END_SRC in the end. I use this feature all weeks in
> the year.

Why don't you use <C-c C-,>? It turns a region into a source block.
Thus, it would be <C-x h C-c C-, s b a s h RET>

> But the file provides functions to envolve numbered list, or
> check list.

You can also turn a region into a list with <C-c ->.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: org-envolve.el
@ 2018-12-02 16:16   ` David Arroyo Menendez
From: David Arroyo Menendez @ 2018-12-02 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> David Arroyo Menendez <davidam@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> I've implemented a new file to contrib/lisp.
>
> Is there any reason to favor contrib/lisp instead of some ELPA? I'm
> asking this because I'd like to reduce the number of packages in
> contrib/.
>
>> It's called org-envolve.el,
>> this file implements functions to help to format in org-mode from
>> ASCII. For instance, you have a bash source that you are copying in your
>> buffer, later you can call org-envolve-tags to add #+BEGIN_SRC bash in
>> the beginning and #+END_SRC in the end. I use this feature all weeks in
>> the year.
>
> Why don't you use <C-c C-,>? It turns a region into a source block.
> Thus, it would be <C-x h C-c C-, s b a s h RET>

It doesn't run for me. What's the function that you are referring?

>> But the file provides functions to envolve numbered list, or
>> check list.
>
> You can also turn a region into a list with <C-c ->.

org-toggle-item: It needs a kiss principle. Only turns normal lines to
items and items to normal lines in another way it's better don't make
anything.

org-ctrl-c-minus, org-ctrl-c-star: It's a not descriptive name of
function.

--

@ 2018-12-02 16:58     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-12-02 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Arroyo Menendez; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

David Arroyo Menendez <davidam@gnu.org> writes:

> It doesn't run for me. What's the function that you are referring?

It's `org-insert-structure-template', but probably in master branch
only.

> org-toggle-item: It needs a kiss principle. Only turns normal lines to
> items and items to normal lines in another way it's better don't make
> anything.

I don't understand.

> org-ctrl-c-minus, org-ctrl-c-star: It's a not descriptive name of
> function.

These are meta functions. They are not supposed to be descriptive.