* [BUG] orgmode.org translations are not consistent; multi-language export [9.5.4 (release_9.5.4-834-g6a5f67 @ /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
@ 2022-09-23  2:17 Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-09-23  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, Bastien

Hi,

I noticed that https://orgmode.org/, https://orgmode.org/fr/index.html,
and https://orgmode.org/ja/index.html are not consistent.

In particular, the new badges are not shown in non-English versions.
Further, French version has a different Org syntax example.
Other parts of text present in the English version are also missing/not
updated in the translations.

I understand why the pages got out of sync - the translations are easy
to forget about. Maybe we should somehow merge the translations into a
single .org source? Can it be done via html? Or maybe we can support
multi-language export in ox.el?

Best,
Ihor

* Re: [BUG] orgmode.org translations are not consistent; multi-language export [9.5.4 (release_9.5.4-834-g6a5f67 @ /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
  2022-09-23  2:17 [BUG] orgmode.org translations are not consistent; multi-language export [9.5.4 (release_9.5.4-834-g6a5f67 @ /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)] Ihor Radchenko
@ 2022-09-23  6:23 ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2022-09-23  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Ihor,

> I noticed that https://orgmode.org/, https://orgmode.org/fr/index.html,
> and https://orgmode.org/ja/index.html are not consistent.

FWIW, I think we should get rid of these translations altogether.

Hopefully Org is well-known enough now that people know how to install
it in various countries.

I'd rather direct the community energy on translating the quickstart
page (https://orgmode.org/quickstart.html).

I will try to translate this quickstart guide into French as a start.

2 cts,

--
 Bastien