emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* org-protocol links from adobe reader
@ 2009-05-11 17:24 Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
  2009-05-11 18:28 ` Sebastian Rose
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs @ 2009-05-11 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode mailing list


[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1233 bytes --]

Hi.

I've just migrated from org-annotation-helper to org-protocol and I've
managed to adapt the hints from
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/6810 to org-protocol.

It's simple, you just change the protocol accordingly, and call
encodeURIComponent, so you arrive with:

app.addMenuItem({cName:"org-store-link", cParent:"Tools",
   cExec:"app.launchURL('org-protocol://store-link://' +
   encodeURIComponent(this.URL) + '/' +
   encodeURIComponent(this.info.Title));"});

for org-store-link and

app.addMenuItem({cName:"org-remember", cParent:"Tools",
   cExec:"app.launchURL('org-protocol://remember://' +
   encodeURIComponent(this.URL) + '/' +
   encodeURIComponent(this.info.Title) + '/');"});

or org-remember.

Drop these into ~/.adobe/Acrobat/9.0/JavaScripts and you should be
good to go.

Note that modern emacsen also are able to display pdfs and
org-store-link will already come up with a valid file:// link, but
doesn't give you the document title, so this might be convenient, even
if you prefer to open links to pdf files in emacs.

Kind regards
     FDF
-- 
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org>
Laziness led to the invention of the most useful tools.

[-- Attachment #1.2: Digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 197 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 204 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: org-protocol links from adobe reader
  2009-05-11 17:24 org-protocol links from adobe reader Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
@ 2009-05-11 18:28 ` Sebastian Rose
  2009-05-11 20:15   ` Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-05-11 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode mailing list

Hi Friedrich,


I was planing to investigate for org-protocol and Acrobat for a long
time now and never got around to make it.

Great stuff!!

I think we should add this to the org-protocol docs on worg. How about
adding it to the org-protocol docs on Worg:

   http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.php#sec-3

I wouldn't bother to do it myself, but, as you might have read on the
other thread, code_swarm is better for projects with lots of committers
;-)


Best


   Sebastian


Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org> writes:
> Hi.
>
> I've just migrated from org-annotation-helper to org-protocol and I've
> managed to adapt the hints from
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/6810 to org-protocol.
>
> It's simple, you just change the protocol accordingly, and call
> encodeURIComponent, so you arrive with:
>
> app.addMenuItem({cName:"org-store-link", cParent:"Tools",
>    cExec:"app.launchURL('org-protocol://store-link://' +
>    encodeURIComponent(this.URL) + '/' +
>    encodeURIComponent(this.info.Title));"});
>
> for org-store-link and
>
> app.addMenuItem({cName:"org-remember", cParent:"Tools",
>    cExec:"app.launchURL('org-protocol://remember://' +
>    encodeURIComponent(this.URL) + '/' +
>    encodeURIComponent(this.info.Title) + '/');"});
>
> or org-remember.
>
> Drop these into ~/.adobe/Acrobat/9.0/JavaScripts and you should be
> good to go.
>
> Note that modern emacsen also are able to display pdfs and
> org-store-link will already come up with a valid file:// link, but
> doesn't give you the document title, so this might be convenient, even
> if you prefer to open links to pdf files in emacs.
>
> Kind regards
>      FDF

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: org-protocol links from adobe reader
  2009-05-11 18:28 ` Sebastian Rose
@ 2009-05-11 20:15   ` Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
  2009-05-12  9:13     ` Sebastian Rose
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs @ 2009-05-11 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode


[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 609 bytes --]

Sebastian Rose schrieb:
> How about adding it to the org-protocol docs on Worg:

>    http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.php#sec-3
> 
> I wouldn't bother to do it myself, but, as you might have read on the
> other thread, code_swarm is better for projects with lots of committers
> ;-)
---Zitatende---

Help! Help! I'm being dragged into another project against my will!

;-)

Just kidding, I just registered on repo.or.cz and sent mail to
Bastien.

-- 
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org>
                             TauPan on Ircnet and Freenode ;)

[-- Attachment #1.2: Digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 197 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 204 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: org-protocol links from adobe reader
  2009-05-11 20:15   ` Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
@ 2009-05-12  9:13     ` Sebastian Rose
  2009-05-12 11:49       ` Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-05-12  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org> writes:
> Sebastian Rose schrieb:
>> How about adding it to the org-protocol docs on Worg:
>
>>    http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.php#sec-3
>> 
>> I wouldn't bother to do it myself, but, as you might have read on the
>> other thread, code_swarm is better for projects with lots of committers
>> ;-)
> ---Zitatende---
>
> Help! Help! I'm being dragged into another project against my will!
>
> ;-)
>
> Just kidding, I just registered on repo.or.cz and sent mail to
> Bastien.

Looking forward to see your name show up in the next codeswarm video :)

Thanks

  Sebastian

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: org-protocol links from adobe reader
  2009-05-12  9:13     ` Sebastian Rose
@ 2009-05-12 11:49       ` Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
  2009-05-12 15:35         ` Sebastian Rose
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs @ 2009-05-12 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode


[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 509 bytes --]

Done. Hope you like it :)

Sebastian Rose schrieb:
> Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org> writes:
> > Sebastian Rose schrieb:
> >> How about adding it to the org-protocol docs on Worg:
> > Just kidding, I just registered on repo.or.cz and sent mail to
> > Bastien.
> Looking forward to see your name show up in the next codeswarm video :)
---Zitatende---

-- 
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org>
                             TauPan on Ircnet and Freenode ;)

[-- Attachment #1.2: Digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 197 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 204 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: org-protocol links from adobe reader
  2009-05-12 11:49       ` Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
@ 2009-05-12 15:35         ` Sebastian Rose
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-05-12 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode


Yeeess!

:-D


Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org> writes:
> Done. Hope you like it :)
>
> Sebastian Rose schrieb:
>> Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org> writes:
>> > Sebastian Rose schrieb:
>> >> How about adding it to the org-protocol docs on Worg:
>> > Just kidding, I just registered on repo.or.cz and sent mail to
>> > Bastien.
>> Looking forward to see your name show up in the next codeswarm video :)
> ---Zitatende---

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2009-05-12 15:32 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 6+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2009-05-11 17:24 org-protocol links from adobe reader Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
2009-05-11 18:28 ` Sebastian Rose
2009-05-11 20:15   ` Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
2009-05-12  9:13     ` Sebastian Rose
2009-05-12 11:49       ` Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
2009-05-12 15:35         ` Sebastian Rose

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).