* [ox-publish] index file empty?
@ 2013-02-16  9:27 Stefan Vollmar
From: Stefan Vollmar @ 2013-02-16  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo,

we are almost done migrating to the new exporter, currently the only showstopper is index generation, a feature we find very useful for our software documentation, here is an example generated with an older org version: http://www.nf.mpg.de/vinci3/doc/theindex.html

We tried to locate the problem with Org-mode version 7.9.3e and it might be in ox-publish.el: org-publish-org-to seems to be called for each org file of our HTML "publishing project", this is the only mention of org-publish-collect-index which is supposed to be installed as a parse tree filter.
However, (if we are not mistaken) org-publish-collect-index is never called and this might be the reason why no index entries are generated.

The only unusual comments in the message buffer are "timestamp delimiter start was not found" which might be "cosmetic".

Many thanks for any help with this.
Warm regards,
 Stefan
--
Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.
Head of IT group

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: [ox-publish] index file empty?
@ 2013-02-16 12:41 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-02-16 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stefan Vollmar <vollmar@nf.mpg.de> writes:

> we are almost done migrating to the new exporter, currently the only
> showstopper is index generation, a feature we find very useful for our
> software documentation, here is an example generated with an older org
> version: http://www.nf.mpg.de/vinci3/doc/theindex.html

ox-publish.el should create an index.

Though, its caching mechanism isn't compatible with the old one. Could
you try again after removing completely any cache from previous publish
library?

If it fails, would you mind providing an ECM?

Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou