* Line breaks in org-mode having version control in mind
@ 2013-11-03 20:28 Dror Atariah
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Dror Atariah @ 2013-11-03 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

I am trying to extend my usage of org, and one of the things I want to integrate is version controlling of my org files. This is obviously straight forward, but I am wondering about the best line breaking approach to use. In my LaTeX docs I maintain one physical line per sentence [1]. This way, when I change one word in a paragraph, it affects only one line, and looking for differences between versions is easy. Otherwise, when using fill-paragraph for instance, one gets messy changes of the file, as the one word change can influence the whole paragraph.

Therefore, as I mentioned, in LaTeX I use visual-line-mode and I insert manually line breaks at the end of sentences (or where *I* find appropriate). What would be the best practice for org? I understand that visual-line-mode has some problems when it comes to tables... What other issues are there? What do you do when you keep your org file under VC?

Thanks in advance,
Dror

[1] http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/4378/412