* Events not showing in Calfw (for newbies)
@ 2015-09-10 15:37 Eduardo Mercovich
From: Eduardo Mercovich @ 2015-09-10 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all.

I can see in the agenda (C-c a a) the events in my org agenda files.

However, if I open a new buffer with the calendar framework (using M-x
cfw:open-calendar-buffer) there are only a few standard dates appearing
there, but not my events.

I thought that just by including the calendar framework I could see my
events there. Maybe I have to do something extra? What am I doing wrong?

Sorry if this is too basic a question but I'm a newbie.

I have Org-mode version 8.3.1 and GNU Emacs 24.3.1.

Thanks a lot for you kind help.

Best...

--
eduardo mercovich

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
 Donde se cruzan tus talentos
 con las necesidades del mundo,
 ahí está tu vocación. (Aristóteles)

* Re: Events not showing in Calfw (for newbies)
@ 2015-09-10 16:13 ` Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2015-09-10 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eduardo Mercovich; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

calfw expects agenda files in the `org-agenda-files` variable. If you never explicitly set that variable globally, instead setting it locally in each custom agenda, that may be the problem.

Also, try calling =cfw:open-org-calendar=, not =cfw:open-calendar-buffer=.

  -k.

@ 2015-09-10 17:45   ` Eduardo Mercovich
From: Eduardo Mercovich @ 2015-09-10 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mankoff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Ken.

>> I can see in the agenda (C-c a a) the events in my org agenda files.
>> However, if I open a new buffer with the calendar framework (using M-x
>> cfw:open-calendar-buffer) there are only a few standard dates
>> appearing there, but not my events. [...]

> calfw expects agenda files in the `org-agenda-files` variable. If you
> never explicitly set that variable globally, instead setting it
> locally in each custom agenda, that may be the problem.

I have them declared in .emacs...

> Also, try calling =cfw:open-org-calendar=, not =cfw:open-calendar-buffer=.

Ah, this may be the issue... I don't have that command as an option,
only =cfw:open-calendar-buffer=...

I found I had an obsolete calfw package loaded. The
other was installed but not in my load-path. So updated the load-path,
re-evaluated the .emacs, and now I can see my events in a beautiful and
easy to read calendar.

Thank you very much. :)

Now, let's integrate that with other calendar servers and celebrate. ;)

Best...