* Org-mode Babel does not show syntax highlight when open with another mode
@ 2015-10-05 14:54 stardiviner
From: stardiviner @ 2015-10-05 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode, stardiviner

I try to configure Org-mode to open ruby source code block with `enh-ruby-mode`.

configuration as following:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(with-eval-after-load 'enh-ruby-mode
  (add-to-list 'org-src-lang-modes '("ruby" . enh-ruby)))
#+END_SRC

This will open code block in `enh-ruby-mode` when you edit with [C-c '].

You can see the syntax highlighting failed result screenshot at here:

http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/17042/org-mode-babel-failed-syntax-highlight-after-change-org-src-lang-modes

I hope to keep the syntax highlight, (If can use enh-ruby-mode syntax highlight
will be better).

* Org-mode Babel does not show syntax highlight when open with another mode
@ 2015-10-05 15:03 ` stardiviner
From: stardiviner @ 2015-10-05 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode, stardiviner

I try to configure Org-mode to open ruby source code block with `enh-ruby-mode`.

configuration as following:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(with-eval-after-load 'enh-ruby-mode
  (add-to-list 'org-src-lang-modes '("ruby" . enh-ruby)))
#+END_SRC

This will open code block in `enh-ruby-mode` when you edit with [C-c '].

You can see the syntax highlighting failed result screenshot at here:

http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/17042/org-mode-babel-failed-syntax-highlight-after-change-org-src-lang-modes

I hope to keep the syntax highlight, (If can use enh-ruby-mode syntax highlight
will be better).

* Re: Org-mode Babel does not show syntax highlight when open with another mode
@ 2015-10-17  7:30   ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2015-10-17  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stardiviner; +Cc: Org-Mode

stardiviner <numbchild@gmail.com> writes:

> I try to configure Org-mode to open ruby source code block with `enh-ruby-mode`.
>
> configuration as following:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> (with-eval-after-load 'enh-ruby-mode
>   (add-to-list 'org-src-lang-modes '("ruby" . enh-ruby)))
> #+END_SRC
>
> This will open code block in `enh-ruby-mode` when you edit with [C-c '].
>
> You can see the syntax highlighting failed result screenshot at here:
>
> http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/17042/org-mode-babel-failed-syntax-highlight-after-change-org-src-lang-modes
>
> I hope to keep the syntax highlight, (If can use enh-ruby-mode syntax highlight
> will be better).

Sorry for the delayed response.  It seems the problem is that
enh-ruby-mode highlights its buffers in a way that doesn't respond to
font-lock-fontify-buffer, which org-src-font-lock-fontify-block calls in
the buffer " org-src-fontification:enh-ruby-mode" to get the faces.

--
Kyle