* Tab-completion no longer works?
@ 2018-01-10  7:26 Martin Steffen
From: Martin Steffen @ 2018-01-10  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi, Since recently ---I can't remember exactly since when--- some
completion-feature I liked does not work any more.

By completion, I mean the expansion of

   <Q TAB

+BEGIN_QUOTE
  blabla
#+END_QUOTE

or similar for including SRC or LATEX etc.

This expansion no longer works. I tried to ``narrow down'' under which
circumstances it breaks..

Now it turns out, that already the very first lines break it. Following
the manual I start the org-section in my .emacs as

(setq load-path (cons "~/gnu/emacs/24/lisp/org-mode/lisp" load-path)) ;;; destroys tab completion????
(setq load-path (cons "~/gnu/emacs/24/lisp/org-mode/contrib/lisp" load-path))

If I comment-out the first line, the completion still works, if I
include the line and extend the path properly, the completion does not
work (of course, other problems arise then)

Any suggestions?

Martin

------------------------- Versions
Emacs version: GNU Emacs 24.3.1
Org mode version 9.1.4
---------------------------------

I have though the same problem for

------------------------- Versions
Emacs version: GNU Emacs 25.3.1
Org mode version 9.1.3
---------------------------------

* Re: Tab-completion no longer works?
@ 2018-01-10  8:00 ` Diego Zamboni
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Diego Zamboni @ 2018-01-10  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Steffen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Martin,

I discovered this only yesterday, when I started using org-mode from a git
checkout and the shortcuts stopped working. Turns out this functionality
now has to be enabled by loading the org-tempo library:
https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/src/master/lisp/org-tempo.el. In
principle, you can reenable them just by adding (require 'org-tempo) in
your Emacs config. The first time I did this, I was getting an error which
seemed to be caused by the value of the org-structure-template-alist
variable. I hadn't modified it myself, but I went into its customize screen
and reset it to the default, and that fixed the problem.

Hope this helps,
--Diego

@ 2018-01-10  8:03   ` Diego Zamboni
From: Diego Zamboni @ 2018-01-10  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Steffen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

One more note: the published manual at
https://orgmode.org/org.html#Easy-templates is still not updated, but the
org-version of the manual mentions this at
https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/src/master/contrib/manual.org#structure-templates

@ 2018-01-10  8:12   ` Martin Steffen
From: Martin Steffen @ 2018-01-10  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Zamboni; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

    Diego> Hi Martin,

    Diego> I discovered this only yesterday, when I started using
    Diego> org-mode from a git checkout and the shortcuts stopped
    Diego> working. Turns out this functionality now has to be enabled
    Diego> by loading the org-tempo library:
    Diego> https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/src/master/lisp/org-tempo.el. In

great. That did it. Thanks. Martin

* Re: Tab-completion no longer works?
@ 2018-01-10  8:12   ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2018-01-10  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Diego Zamboni <diego@zzamboni.org> writes:

> Hi Martin,
>
> I discovered this only yesterday, when I started using org-mode from a git
> checkout and the shortcuts stopped working. Turns out this functionality
> now has to be enabled by loading the org-tempo library:
> https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/src/master/lisp/org-tempo.el. In
> principle, you can reenable them just by adding (require 'org-tempo) in
> your Emacs config. The first time I did this, I was getting an error which
> seemed to be caused by the value of the org-structure-template-alist
> variable. I hadn't modified it myself, but I went into its customize screen
> and reset it to the default, and that fixed the problem.

Note that ‘org-structure-template-alist’ will change again.  There’s a
patch posted on December 21 that I have got to finish.

Rasmus

--
The Kids call him Billy the Saint