* Quoting of macros with eval
@ 2018-12-11 10:08 Jens Lechtenboerger
From: Jens Lechtenboerger @ 2018-12-11 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,

given a macro like

#+MACRO: foo (eval (message "%s" $1))

I need to call {{{foo("text")}}} with Org mode 9.1.14-9-g131531-elpa.

On the master branch, that call will include the quotation marks as
part of the string, so I need to call {{{foo(text)}}} (documented in
the manual, but I didn’t notice that until now).

Could the master branch offer backward compatible functionality,
please?  I’m thinking about checking for and removing leading and
trailing quotation marks...

Best wishes
Jens

* Re: Quoting of macros with eval
@ 2018-12-11 16:30 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-12-11 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Jens Lechtenboerger <lechten@wi.uni-muenster.de> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> given a macro like
>
> #+MACRO: foo (eval (message "%s" $1))
>
> I need to call {{{foo("text")}}} with Org mode 9.1.14-9-g131531-elpa.
>
> On the master branch, that call will include the quotation marks as
> part of the string, so I need to call {{{foo(text)}}} (documented in
> the manual, but I didn’t notice that until now).
>
> Could the master branch offer backward compatible functionality,
> please?  I’m thinking about checking for and removing leading and
> trailing quotation marks...

A simple function replacing such occurrences should be easy to write.
I suggest to do that.

It is in "Incompatible changes" for a reason :)

Nicolas Goaziou