* [orgmobile] Search by two tags or more
@ 2009-11-18 22:06 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2009-11-18 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hello list!

Is it possible to search for items with two tags or more. For example, let's
say I want to search for items @OFFICE and FOCUS. I've tried and it doesn't
seem to work. Is it possible somehow?

Thanks,

Marcelo.

* Re: [orgmobile] Search by two tags or more
@ 2009-11-18 22:14 ` Richard Moreland
From: Richard Moreland @ 2009-11-18 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi again Marcelo,

I haven't yet implemented this feature, but it is a good idea.  I will consider how to best implement this for a future release.

Thanks,
Richard

@ 2009-11-18 22:41   ` Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2009-11-18 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Moreland; +Cc: Org Mode

Thanks Richard!

I'd like to get into org-mobile development, what would be the basic roadmap
to get into that?

I still don't have a mac (planning to get one in the upcoming months);
Basic elisp skills;
Intermediate C skills (not Objective C)

Is there a way to program the iPhone SDK on Linux?

Thanks,

Marcelo.

@ 2009-11-18 23:00     ` Richard Moreland
From: Richard Moreland @ 2009-11-18 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: Org Mode

On Nov 18, 2009, at 5:41 PM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:

> Thanks Richard!
>
> I'd like to get into org-mobile development, what would be the basic roadmap
> to get into that?

The source tree is at http://github.com/richard/mobileorg

You'll need OSX with the latest iPhone SDK (free).  It includes a simulator which allows you to run MobileOrg on your Mac.  From there, it is just a matter of fetching the code from GitHub and clicking 'Build' in XCode.

I managed to get by without any prior ObjC experience at all.  The samples that come with the iPhone SDK are very helpful.

If you'd like more info, feel free to contact me off-list.  I may setup a short 'How to contribute' guide on the website with helpful info and links I've found along the way.

> Is there a way to program the iPhone SDK on Linux?

Unfortunately not.  However, you can look at the code to see if it is something that interests you.

Thanks,
Richard

@ 2009-11-19  6:00   ` Noorul Islam
From: Noorul Islam @ 2009-11-19  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Moreland; +Cc: Org Mode

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 3:44 AM, Richard Moreland <rlm@ncogni.to> wrote:
> Hi again Marcelo,
>
> I haven't yet implemented this feature, but it is a good idea.  I will consider how to best implement this for a future release.

I remember reading this

http://orgmode.org/manual/Tag-searches.html#Tag-searches

But the boolean operators does not work along with C-c \  for me.

Since it is already in the manual, is it not supposed to work?

Thanks and Regards
Noorul

@ 2009-11-19  6:24     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2009-11-19  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noorul Islam; +Cc: Org Mode

Noorul Islam <gnukid@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 3:44 AM, Richard Moreland <rlm@ncogni.to> wrote:
> > Hi again Marcelo,
> >
> > I haven't yet implemented this feature, but it is a good idea.  I will consider how to best implement this for a future release.
> >

> I remember reading this
>
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Tag-searches.html#Tag-searches
>
> But the boolean operators does not work along with C-c \  for me.
>
> Since it is already in the manual, is it not supposed to work?

Are you talking about the same thing?

I presume Richard and Marcelo are talking about Richard's iPhone app
(which I have not used).  IIUC, it's that app that does not implement
the feature (searching for items with two tags).

OTOH, org-mode itself does implement the above search perfectly well
in my very limited testing:

C-c \ +foo+baz <RET>

finds all items that are tagged :foo:bar: correctly.

What search did you try that didn't work? What did it give? A bit more
context about what you tried and what the environment was would help.

Here's the sample org file I used to test the above:

,----
| #+TAGS: foo bar baz
|
| * two
| * four
| * three                                                                :bar:baz:
| * one                                                                      :foo:
| * five                                                                 :foo:baz:
`----

Org-mode version 6.33trans (release_6.33c.32.g77c91)

HTH,
Nick

* Re: [orgmobile] Search by two tags or more
@ 2009-11-19  6:51       ` Noorul Islam K M
From: Noorul Islam K M @ 2009-11-19  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: Org Mode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> Noorul Islam <gnukid@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 3:44 AM, Richard Moreland <rlm@ncogni.to> wrote:
>> > Hi again Marcelo,
>> >
>> > I haven't yet implemented this feature, but it is a good idea.  I will consider how to best implement this for a future release.
>> >

>> I remember reading this
>>
>> http://orgmode.org/manual/Tag-searches.html#Tag-searches
>>
>> But the boolean operators does not work along with C-c \  for me.
>>
>> Since it is already in the manual, is it not supposed to work?
>>

> Are you talking about the same thing?
>
> I presume Richard and Marcelo are talking about Richard's iPhone app
> (which I have not used).  IIUC, it's that app that does not implement
> the feature (searching for items with two tags).
>
> OTOH, org-mode itself does implement the above search perfectly well
> in my very limited testing:
>
> C-c \ +foo+baz <RET>
>
> finds all items that are tagged :foo:bar: correctly.
>
> What search did you try that didn't work? What did it give? A bit more
> context about what you tried and what the environment was would help.

You are right. My search was wrong. I tried + insteng of |

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks
Noorul