* PROJ category from the org-mode front page?
@ 2009-11-19 16:13 Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2009-11-19 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi everyone,

I've just been looking at this picture from the org-mode home page:
http://orgmode.org/img/tasks.png
I like the line :
* PROJ Organize the interstellar dust meeting

Is "PROJ" a custom TODO 'type' keyword?  I have to say I quite like
it... but would it be possible to have combine types with more complex
(non-DONE) states, so that e.g. the heading displays:
* PROJ INPROGRESS Organize the interstellar dust meeting
or
* PROJ DONE Organize the interstellar dust meeting
?
Just wondering.  Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Price
matt.price@utoronto.ca

* Re: PROJ category from the org-mode front page?
@ 2009-11-19 17:18 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-11-19 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Price; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Matt Price <matt.price@utoronto.ca> writes:

> I've just been looking at this picture from the org-mode home page:
> http://orgmode.org/img/tasks.png
> I like the line :
> * PROJ Organize the interstellar dust meeting
>
> Is "PROJ" a custom TODO 'type' keyword?  I have to say I quite like
> it... but would it be possible to have combine types with more complex
> (non-DONE) states, so that e.g. the heading displays:
> * PROJ INPROGRESS Organize the interstellar dust meeting
> or
> * PROJ DONE Organize the interstellar dust meeting
> ?

PROJ is just a normal keyword like TODO DONE etc.  You would have to
make it all one word like

PROJTODO, PROJINPROGRESS, etc

which to me feels like duplicating your standard non-project keywords.
I used to do that.  I don't like duplication.

You might be better off designating projects with a tag instead -- or
just consider everything to be a project (that's what I do) so there is
no special PROJ keyword.

-Bernt

* Re: PROJ category from the org-mode front page?
@ 2010-03-20 14:47 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-03-20 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Price; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Nov 19, 2009, at 5:13 PM, Matt Price wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've just been looking at this picture from the org-mode home page:
> http://orgmode.org/img/tasks.png
> I like the line :
> * PROJ Organize the interstellar dust meeting
>
> Is "PROJ" a custom TODO 'type' keyword?  I have to say I quite like
> it... but would it be possible to have combine types with more complex
> (non-DONE) states, so that e.g. the heading displays:
> * PROJ INPROGRESS Organize the interstellar dust meeting
> or
> * PROJ DONE Organize the interstellar dust meeting

No.  Org-mode supports only one TODO keyword.

What I am doing is

#+TODO: PROJ | PRDONE PRCANCELED

- Carsten

* Re: PROJ category from the org-mode front page?
@ 2010-03-20 15:48   ` Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2010-03-20 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik, Org Mode

At Sat, 20 Mar 2010 15:47:35 +0100,
Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2009, at 5:13 PM, Matt Price wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I've just been looking at this picture from the org-mode home page:
> > http://orgmode.org/img/tasks.png
> > I like the line :
> > * PROJ Organize the interstellar dust meeting
> >
> > Is "PROJ" a custom TODO 'type' keyword?  I have to say I quite like
> > it... but would it be possible to have combine types with more complex
> > (non-DONE) states, so that e.g. the heading displays:
> > * PROJ INPROGRESS Organize the interstellar dust meeting
> > or
> > * PROJ DONE Organize the interstellar dust meeting
>
> No.  Org-mode supports only one TODO keyword.
>
> What I am doing is
>
> #+TODO: PROJ | PRDONE PRCANCELED
>
> - Carsten

ah, that's obvious but still great, thx Carsten.