* Help with a custom block agenda
@ 2010-01-13 17:02 Paul Mead
From: Paul Mead @ 2010-01-13 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all

I wonder if anyone can guide me in amending my block agenda?

currently I have:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
           '(("a" "Custom block Agenda"
              ((agenda "")
               (todo "STARTED")
               (tags-todo "FOCUS")))
             ("d" todo "DONE"
              ((org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled nil)
               (org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date nil)
               (org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines nil)))
             ("p" "Project list" tags "project")
             ("f" "FOCUS list" tags-todo "FOCUS")
))

I want the option to have TODO items with the tag "FOCUS" listed in both
the custom block agenda, and as a list in its own right. In the custom
block agenda however, I only want to see those which are unscheduled,
not WAITING, not STARTED as I've already listed those items above - it's
this section where I want to see all the FOCUS actions which I haven't
addressed yet.

I hope you are getting my drift here! Any ideas?

Thanks
Paul

* Re: Help with a custom block agenda
@ 2010-01-13 18:57 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-01-13 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Mead; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Paul,

Paul Mead <paul.d.mead@gmail.com> writes:

> I want the option to have TODO items with the tag "FOCUS" listed in both
> the custom block agenda, and as a list in its own right. In the custom
> block agenda however, I only want to see those which are unscheduled,
> not WAITING, not STARTED as I've already listed those items above - it's
> this section where I want to see all the FOCUS actions which I haven't
> addressed yet.

Does the following work?

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
           '(("a" "Custom block Agenda"
              ((agenda "")
               (todo "STARTED")
               (tags "FOCUS/!-STARTED-WAITING"
		     ((org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t)))))
             ("d" todo "DONE"
              ((org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled nil)
               (org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date nil)
               (org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines nil)))
             ("p" "Project list" tags "project")
             ("f" "FOCUS list" tags-todo "FOCUS")
))

Best,
Matt

* Re: Help with a custom block agenda
@ 2010-01-13 20:17   ` Paul Mead
From: Paul Mead @ 2010-01-13 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:
>> block agenda however, I only want to see those which are unscheduled,
>> not WAITING, not STARTED as I've already listed those items above - it's
>> this section where I want to see all the FOCUS actions which I haven't
>> addressed yet.
>
> Does the following work?
>
> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>            '(("a" "Custom block Agenda"
>               ((agenda "")
>                (todo "STARTED")
>                (tags "FOCUS/!-STARTED-WAITING"
> 		     ((org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t)))))
>              ("d" todo "DONE"
>               ((org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled nil)
>                (org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date nil)
>                (org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines nil)))
>              ("p" "Project list" tags "project")
>              ("f" "FOCUS list" tags-todo "FOCUS")
> ))

THanks Matt, that very nearly works, it certainly gets rid of the
WAITING and STARTED, but I can still see the scheduled items - the
org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled bit doesn't seem to have any effect.

It's odd, given that the same syntax later in the list seems to have the
desired effect.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Paul